Good cars in a budget: a guide to getting your first car.

Reaction score
Hello.

You know all those really fucking fast cars with shiny paint you see everywhere? Well, sadly, they aren’t cheap. But being able to traverse the map in 14 frames doesn’t necessary constitute to whether or not a car is good or not, far from it.

For new players, I have compiled this list on what kinds of cars would be good for your playstyle.

Statistics are important with choosing the right cars. Here's some helpful tips:
- Price doesn't always constitute towards its top speed, more so, it has desirable features or niche's over other vehicles. An example of this is the nissan leaf, which despite costing 650K, only goes 47 MPH stock, whilst a Dodge Challenger 1970, which costs less than half the price, goes 49 MPH stock. The niche with the Nissan Leaf however is its an electric car, meaning it has infinite fuel.
- The key to choosing the right car is to go for something that suits you and your playstyle. If you are fishing, or crafting, then acquire a van to transport large portions of materials and fish. Vans are useful for every power grower too, as you can carry around 700 drugs in the transits trunk! Useful, innit?
- Outrunning police is less to do with the power and speed of your vehicle and more so about your individual skill as a driver.
- Most cheap cars are not worth getting if you look at it statistically. Usually its worth getting a cheap car to get you around til you've finished grinding about 1 million for a decent car.
Now, without further ado, let me go over the list of cars I personally recommend based on your play style.

Overall best cheap cars:
These are the cars I consider to be the best overall cars on the server, taking unique aspects of the vehicle, as well as speed performance, into account. The list includes:

Honda CrX SiR:
honda-cr-x-sir.png

Cost: 375k
Pro's:
- This is the fastest car between 300-400k.
- Incredibly agile
- High acceleration
- 50 MPH stock speed, which goes up to 60 on an upgrade and 68 upon a second upgrade.
- Really good handling
- Drifts like nothing
- Low repair cost (3k tier 1 cost, 7.5k full repair cost)
- Low upgrade cost (150k per upgrade)
- Can ramp large vehicles that are high off the ground. (raptors, hummers)
Cons:
- Low weight makes it susceptible to being rammed.
- Low seat count
- 2 trunk slots with a 45KG weight limit.
Notes:
This car will stick with you for life. Once double upgraded its arguably the best car in terms of handling and outrunning cops on a budget.

Volvo 850R:
volvo-850r.png

Cost: 195K
Pro's:
- Fastest car for under 195k
- 5 Seats
- Decent trunk space (4 slots with 75KG Weight limit)
Con's:
- Fucking ugly
Notes: another overlooked car. (probably because it looks like shit). However, it is the fastest car stock under 200k, so I guess it makes the list!

Mini cooper 1965:
mini-cooper-1965.png

Cost: 25K.
Pro's:

- Incredible handling.
- 4 seats.
- Very cheap.
- Incredibly cheap repair cost ($280 for a T1, 1K for a Tier 2 wreck)

Cons:
-10KG Trunk space, meaning it can't hold an M82 or AS50.
- Statistically the slowest car.
Notes:
The cheapest car on the server. All terrible aspects of this vehicle are outweighed by the fact that it's 25k. Overall a great starting point for you to get around as you grind your way to your first million.

Volkswagen Camper 1965
volkswagen-camper-1965.png

Cost: 275K
Pro's:
-Cheapest 7 seater out there.
- Has 5 trunk slots with a 95KG Weight.
- Low wreck repair cost (2.2k T1, 5.5k T2)
- Low upgrade cost. (150k per upgrade)
- Trims look excellent on this car due to the large amount of metal.
Con's:
Low speed (35 MPH stock, 43 MPH on first upgrade and 51 MPH Double upgraded)
- Sluggish acceleration.

Notes: This is more of a "For fun" car, but also can be used to transport people to and from raids, or maybe you could use it to make a bus business. Basically a poor mans escalade.

Jeep grand Cherokee:
jeep-grand-cherokee.png

Cost: 195k
Pro's:
- 40 MPH Stock top speed which is good for a vehicle around that price range.
- Heavy vehicle overall making it less susceptible to being rammed.
- Trunk space of 5 slots with a 180 KG weight limit.
- Provides decent cover in shootouts.
- Very low repair costs ($1560 for a T1, 3900 for a T2)
- Double upgraded, it does 57 MPH.
Cons:
- Kinda sluggish.

Notes: This was my 4th Car on the server and it served me very well. Worked for getting to places and transporting guns and organisation members to and from shootouts and the likes.

Dodge Challenger 1970:
dodge-challenger-1970.png

Cost: 325K
Pro's:
- 3rd fastest car for under 400k. (same as 3 other cars, however, its double upgrade max speed is 3rd place).
- Good weight and ramming power
- 4 seats
- Highly customise-able with visible trims, and 2 available body kits
- Drifts okay
- Has a sick engine sound that revs itself whilst idle.
Con's:
- Sluggish acceleration
- Low turning circle
- Not a lot of trunk space (2 slots with a 40KG Trunk weight)
- Requires at least 1 upgrade to enjoy it more.

Notes: The ex Benji car. Goodnight sweet prince :(.

Volkswagen Scirocco GT:
volkswagen-scirocco-gt.png

Cost: 340K
Pro's:

- Fastest non VIP Car for under 400K.
- 4 seats
- 3 Trunk slots with an 100 KG weight limit, which outclasses the majority of 300-400K 4 seater cars.
Con's:
- Higher repair costs than the dodge challenger. ($170 more for a T1, $300 more than a Tier 2)
Notes: I don't see a lot of these on the server at all. Better snatch em up!

"I require a vehicle with a large trunk space for transporting items, materials, etc.":
Lowest tier vehicle:
Ford F100:
ford-f100.png

Cost: 55k
Max speed stock: 32 MPH.
Trunk space: 3 slots
Trunk weight: 160 KG
Seats: 2
USEFUL ASPECTS:
You can "extend" trunk space by simply dropping a wooden chest furniture item into the back. Keep in mind you can only spawn a wooden chest in a property you own, so you might have to buy a bazaar shop, drop the wooden chest in there then drag it to your car. The chest will fit in the back nicely without causing too much speed and acceleration loss. Also holds planters nicely (But not too many)
Mid tier:
Ford Transit:
ford-transit.png

Cost: 135k
Max speed stock: 37 MPH.
Trunk space: 7 slots
Trunk weight: 375 KG
Seats: 6
USEFUL ASPECTS:
More than twice the trunk weight space and more than twice the trunk slots, no player is complete on PERP without a ford transit! The ford transit is a very powerful utility vehicle featuring 6 seats too! Incredibly useful as it can also be used to transport planters after a raid.

High tier: Cadillac Escalade
1591303625406.png
Cost: 495K
Max speed stock: 55 MPH
Trunk Weight: 160KG
Trunk slots: 7
Seats: 6
Useful aspects:
Less trunk weight than the Ford transit, but far faster and nicer looking. You'll also be popular in your organisation since you have the perfect raid vehicle. Can be double upgraded to go 73MPH Too! Top quality vehicle!

I will update this list as I go on to research more stats about the cars on PERP.

Attachments

• 1591303625548.png
    1591303625548.png
    753.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
If you have any additions to the list, send them to me, as I have not yet experienced all the cars on the server.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I wouldn't consider that within a new players budget though. (under 500k stock)

Reaction score
yes fairs however it is a good car from cheap to very rich range.

Reaction score
I'd honestly recommend the Nissan Leaf. It's 650k with 260k upgrade price, but once you have it upgraded it goes pretty fast and has good handling. You can hold W in just about any corner as long as you line yourself up for it correctly, and you don't have to worry about fuel economy. I've gone 68 around the T-junction at bazaar all the way down to car dealer without slowing down, it's fun.

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
honestly benji deserves helper rank without a doubt, literally the most helpful on this community