More Dynamic car upgrade system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Discussion Post:
Main Idea:
The ability to use upgrades to sculpt a car to suit your needs.

Full description of the idea:

Ok, so you want a high capacity car with a decent speed? Can't become enforcer because you call too many people batty in OOC? Fear not, this idea's for you.
New upgrade system:
-There will be a limit to how many upgrades your car can take. The amount it can take will depend on price.
-Default cars under 150k will have 3 upgrade slots
-VIP Cars under 150k will have 4 upgrade slots.
-For both cars, every 150k in value will add another upgrade slot. For example, under this system, the Dodge Challenger 1970 will have 5 upgrade slots.
-Certain cars won't accept certain upgrades, for example, an upgrade enhancing the fuel tank will not be applicable to the Tesla, and the trunk upgrade will not be applicable to the zonda, due to it having no trunk.
-The most upgrades a car will be able to take will be 8.
- A car can only take a certain amount of one type of upgrade, overall this should depend on the class of the car and its current stats. It'd make no sense that a car like the bugatti veyron could be upgraded 8 times in speed, nor would it make sense for a raptor to be upgraded 8 times in trunk capacity.
The ability to apply different types of upgrades to your car to make it suit your exact needs and playstyle, in my opinion, would be FAR better than just the simple speed upgrade. As suggested in the discussion post, the upgrades will work as such:

Speed upgrade:
The basic upgrade we currently have. Will raise your cars speed.

Trunk Upgrade:
Every time you upgrade your trunk, an additional slot will be added and 10% Of the cars current carry weight will be added to the weight limit.

Fuel Tank upgrade / Fuel consumption upgrade:
Costs more to fully fill your car with the benefit of having more fuel. Will definitely help gas guzzler cars. Alternatively a different system for this could be implemented where the car uses a bit less fuel.

Handling upgrade:
Breaks will kick in a bit faster and turning will be improved, it will become alot sharper. (I'd deffo get this for my current Dodge Shitwagon because it handles like my nan on ice)

Reliability upgrade:
Every time you upgrade reliability, the engine has a higher chance of starting when damaged.

Why should it be added?:
This should be implemented so instead of having to buy something like a pickup truck or van for its trunk capacity, people can just upgrade there current cars to do the job for them.

For example, take the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Say you want one for its trunk capacity and 5 seats, but do not like the fuel consumption rate or the speed. You can use the 4 upgrade slots it'd have to double upgrade its speed and double upgrade its fuel efficiency.

Currently the Mini coopers trunk cannot hold an M82 or AS50. You could upgrade the trunk once and it'd be able to transport it.

Pros:
- Allows people to sculpt cars to there exact needs.
- Allows a more dynamic gameplay experience.
- Could see "rarer" cars being used more.

Cons:
- People could just powergrow to get the car they want in less than a week and wouldn't have to worry about sculpting a cheaper car to suit there needs.

Reaction score
Great suggestion, with this I would also like to see the ability to add body parts all separately instead of the full body kit which may contain a part you don't like for example the fat spoiler.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Haven't owned a car that takes the ugly racing kit sadly but I can see why people might want the spoiler without whatever the fuck that bookshelf looking thing on the grill is.

Reaction score
Yeah they're already body groups not just one set so I don't get why we can't pay per part we add to the car when it comes to body kits, I'd also like to see this system added in Addition to the current one, where you have some miscellaneous upgrades as well as speed ones

Status
Not open for further replies.