government corruption.

Reaction score
why is it that 4.1 forbids all form of government corruption because for example a cop releasing a suspect after being bribed can be pretty interesting roleplay and a positive twist on the monotonous dynamic that is currently existing between government and crims. I bring this up now because in my suggestion also

I thought of the idea of criminals bribing couriers to ship illegal goods to customers they sell to online but that is a good roleplay scenario that is shut down by the rule 4.1 in this case which is sad in my opinion.

It's just a bummer that government employees are forbidden from creating interesting roleplay between them and criminals in that way because the implementation of some exceptions to support the above at least would be very good in providing new ways of roleplay. Of course widespread corruption could be a valid argument which is easily answered in many ways one being placing a restriction on what rank or who can be corrupt to preserve a healthy PLPD with a little bit of spice vs letting it devolve into a crime org.

Reaction score
Plainly why:
- Playing a dirty cop will annoy citizens and other governmental employees
- Because that would mean cop bribery would become more spread. Whilst, I do believe it should only be enforced within the PLPD, not by a rule.
- You can always say "Someone offered to pay me if I did..." and it would be deemed okay under the rules

and maany more porbably.

Don't suggest ideas such as "Let PD be corrupt in some cases". Give the specific cases so we can discuss them. Like previously stated, bribery for example, in my honest opinion shouldn't be dealt with by server rules, rather by an on-duty supervisor and/or IA.

Reaction score
- Because that would mean cop bribery would become more spread. Whilst, I do believe it should only be enforced within the PLPD, not by a rule.
in essence a government employee like a courier knowingly delivering illegal goods can be demoted by a higher up PLPD command officer or the Mayor and charged with the crime according to what they did for example. I think that's more fair and brings better more versatile roleplay then discarding all corruption as bad roleplay. Would you agree with that?

Reaction score
in essence a government employee like a courier knowingly delivering illegal goods can be demoted by a higher up PLPD command officer or the Mayor and charged with the crime according to what they did for example. I think that's more fair and brings better more versatile roleplay then discarding all corruption as bad roleplay. Would you agree with that?
Couriers aren't government employees.

Reaction score
Couriers aren't government employees.
If we were to suppose they are hypothetically for the case of the argument then you'd see my point
still.
Also thanks for the new information I didn't know that, I assumed they were like Road crew because I was told road crew was government and I believed that.

Reaction score
If we were to suppose they are hypothetically for the case of the argument then you'd see my point
still.
Also thanks for the new information I didn't know that, I assumed they were like Road crew because I was told road crew was government and I believed that.
z4bvJpg.png

Check the terminology section of the rules.
Basically means that Couriers and Taxi Drivers are not gov employees.

Reaction score
We haven’t been intervening with bribes being accepted from cops as staff. The problem is, if police ask for payment and then punish citizens for not receiving it. You’d have people exploiting laws through technicalities and trying to profit from threatening people with max sentences / sentences for laws they didn’t actually commit.

unfortunately every server I’ve played that allowed this behaviour entirely was just rife with people misusing the job entirely for the above purposes and how PERP is as a gamemode Meaning doing this activity would leave people with less real odds of avoiding this mistreatment.

Reaction score
We haven’t been intervening with bribes being accepted from cops as staff. The problem is, if police ask for payment and then punish citizens for not receiving it. You’d have people exploiting laws through technicalities and trying to profit from threatening people with max sentences / sentences for laws they didn’t actually commit.

unfortunately every server I’ve played that allowed this behaviour entirely was just rife with people misusing the job entirely for the above purposes and how PERP is as a gamemode Meaning doing this activity would leave people with less real odds of avoiding this mistreatment.
then ban this technicality... if somebody is loopholing the system to ruin the experiences of others this is already covered by 2.5 as something not allowed. The pure fact that staff don't intervene in bribes shows that corruption roleplay can be fun and enjoyable but there will be people who abuse that ability to ruin the experience for others unjustly just the same as any other mechanics or roleplay style which again is still covered by 2.5

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just bribe m anyways, if other find out he’ll get banned. Sounds more rp than allowing it with rules lol. In all fairness making bribing possible would be too op.

Reaction score
Just bribe m anyways, if other find out he’ll get banned. Sounds more rp than allowing it with rules lol. In all fairness making bribing possible would be too op.
How is bribing cops “too op” .

Reaction score
The rich will potentially never get punished for their illegal activities. Some lads have over 20 mil. Easy to bribe some coppers that way.
Welcome to roleplay mate lmao that’s real life

Reaction score
Welcome to roleplay mate lmao that’s real life
I like roleplay aspect of your idea. But I think it will give the edge even more to the top orgs. Will make it even harder for the other players to compete.

Reaction score
I like roleplay aspect of your idea. But I think it will give the edge even more to the top orgs. Will make it even harder for the other players to compete.
Again that’s the point of having money. Why is it always people wanting to restrict criminals from doing shit like criminals are tired from only raiding, mugging and drug trafficking can we agree that it’s becoming monotonous? Let rich players who worked their ass off to earn that money benefit from the ability to engage in bribery. That’s their choice how to spend their money. If you’re broke and somebody is rich it’s not OP cause they’re winning it’s called hard work.

Reaction score
Again that’s the point of having money. Why is it always people wanting to restrict criminals from doing shit like criminals are tired from only raiding, mugging and drug trafficking can we agree that it’s becoming monotonous? Let rich players who worked their ass off to earn that money benefit from the ability to engage in bribery. That’s their choice how to spend their money. If you’re broke and somebody is rich it’s not OP cause they’re winning it’s called hard work.
Why? I mainly think for balancing issues, making the server more accessable for new members. The same reason gun marksmanship got removed (completely different thing Iknow). I agree with you totally, just being the counterweight to the discussion rn.

Reaction score
Why? I mainly think for balancing issues, making the server more accessable for new members. The same reason gun marksmanship got removed (completely different thing Iknow). I agree with you totally, just being the counterweight to the discussion rn.
If you agree with me then you’re not saying this shouldn’t be added you’re being the devils advocate and pointing out how it CAN be bad.

claiming it’s bad for new members is like saying we should all be driving Mini Coopers so new members feel like the server is more accessible. That’s nonsense, if you make money you benefit I don’t see how bribing a cop makes it less accessible for new players. It’s about finances not how new you are. To relate this suggestion to marksmanship being removed is completely a straw man argument since marksmanship actually does affect all pvp on the server while involving not restricting roleplay. This rule does restrict roleplay and it’s unnecessary in many cases.

Reaction score
If you agree with me then you’re not saying this shouldn’t be added you’re being the devils advocate and pointing out how it CAN be bad.

claiming it’s bad for new members is like saying we should all be driving Mini Coopers so new members feel like the server is more accessible. That’s nonsense, if you make money you benefit I don’t see how bribing a cop makes it less accessible for new players. It’s about finances not how new you are. To relate this suggestion to marksmanship being removed is completely a straw man argument since marksmanship actually does affect all pvp on the server while involving not restricting roleplay. This rule does restrict roleplay and it’s unnecessary in many cases.
It’s true that im being the devils adv, but thats the point of it right. Pointing out things so you can respond and explain further. Dont see that as a bad thing. imo shooting a rifle full auto with lvl 1 mm did feel like roleplaying sometimes. Shit was straight up over the top