Guide: how to be a hostage.

Reaction score
This is a quick follow up from “how to take a hostage and maintain a hostage situation” , how to be a hostage.

Step 1: get taken hostage.
It’s not so common nowadays but I find that almost every instance of me being taken hostage was from me being a paramedic, so idk, I guess just be a medic near a shootout?

Step 2: Being a hostage
Basically just don’t do anything that puts your life at risk and I guess just stand there and do as they say.

Step 3: In case you get so bored you wanna gash your wrists:
Tabbing out will most likely result in your execution If they give orders without you being able to hear them. The way around this is to either use steam overlays browser, your phone or tablet, or a second monitor. Go browse the forums a bit, or maybe message some steam friends. In fact, go message an old friend on Facebook or whatever social media you can talk to them on. Keep an ear open and be prepared to move around and interact with the game if you need to. Slide into some birds dms and chat her up, but don’t mention you’re currently being held hostage on a virtual garrys mod roleplay server because girls usually ain’t into that shit and might think you’re an autistic nerd (chances are, you might be).

Step 3: the outcome:
Chances are, you’re gonna die because cops aren’t piss here. If you survive, then I guess if You’re civ you could take revenge or something. You could also roleplay Stockholm syndrome and end up gravely in love with your former captors, which annoys them, I know from experience.

Step 4: if you dont want to be a hostage:
If you want to escape and feel as though you can pull it off under 3.4 and 2.1, seize the opportunity to do so. If you know for a fact that you’ll get out alive give it a go, if you have any shadow of doubt however, dont try it. Only pull it off if you know your odds are high and you’re not an overconfident moron.

That is all for this one folks, I shall get to work on my “How to handle a hostage situation as an LEO” guide soon, I’m just trying to kill time whilst I wait for something here.