Gun Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can only hear the impact of the gun sounds, I can't actually hear them firing from the gun though.

Deleted member 4084

Setting DXLEVEL to 90: Steam --> Library --> Right click on Garry's Mod --> Properties --> Set launch options --> -dxlevel 90

If that does not help: Steam --> Library --> Right click on Garry's Mod --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity Of Game Cache

Reaction score
Apparently this happens when you have pirated css content (CS:Cheater). I haven't found a working fix yet (apart from buying CSS).

Reaction score
Apparently this happens when you have pirated css content (CS:Cheater). I haven't found a working fix yet (apart from buying CSS).

Doesnt ph have Fas weapons? That has nothing to do with css.

Try to download some random fas content maybe or delete all gun addons.

(Phone)

Reaction score
Ive tried unsubscribing to all the content and resubscribed to it dident work.
Ive redownloaded the content pack of the forums reainstalled it dident work.
Ive removed half life 2 episode 2 content someone ingame said it fixed it for them but it dident work.
Ive reinstalled gmod entirly dident work.
Only thing i havent tried that people suggested is veryfing my game cache wich i will try tommorow

thought letting u guys know so u could save some time :3

Reaction score
Try "Snd_restart" In Console. Should reset your sounds but if not well, Maybe some stuff is conflicting in your Gmod folder? Maybe a Mod is screwing it.

Reaction score
Hurrah! I've found a fix!

Now, just a warning. This is a fix that worked for me, it may work for you or it may not. Also this is a fix for people who have used CScheater for content. Myself, i had bought CSS but used CScheater for HL2 content.
NO MATTER WHAT CONTENT YOU GOT, YOU NEED TO DO THIS PROCESS FOR ALL CONTENT FOLDERS.

So the way that i fixed it was, you need to go to your garrysmod addons folder and find the content that you got off of CS cheater and go into the scripts folder.
ddacf5c7d1.png

Inside this folder you will find multiple files that start with:
"game_sounds_(something).txt" <---- Delete all the files that start with game_sounds_ but only from the scripts folder.

Repeat this step for all content folders off of CScheater and the gun sounds should work once again. It worked for me and hopefully it will work for you too! Good luck!

Reaction score
Thread Closed
Hurrah! I've found a fix!

Now, just a warning. This is a fix that worked for me, it may work for you or it may not. Also this is a fix for people who have used CScheater for content. Myself, i had bought CSS but used CScheater for HL2 content.
NO MATTER WHAT CONTENT YOU GOT, YOU NEED TO DO THIS PROCESS FOR ALL CONTENT FOLDERS.

So the way that i fixed it was, you need to go to your garrysmod addons folder and find the content that you got off of CS cheater and go into the scripts folder.
ddacf5c7d1.png

Inside this folder you will find multiple files that start with:
"game_sounds_(something).txt" <---- Delete all the files that start with game_sounds_ but only from the scripts folder.

Repeat this step for all content folders off of CScheater and the gun sounds should work once again. It worked for me and hopefully it will work for you too! Good luck!
@Archibald wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.