Half-Life: Alyx [Released!]

Reaction score
Anyone actually interested in this? Despite the fact it's VR exclusive, I think it looks good.

Gameplay footage was released about two or so hours ago.

Gonna go ahead and not watch it, because I'm so fkin hyped to play this in my vive!!!

There aren't actually that many spoilers, it shows you how combat with the Combine is going to work, how fighting zombies is going to work, how you interact with the environment and how you manipulate things around you. You also get to see how Alyx's hacking device works as well as some new mechanics not seen before in HL2. I won't say anything specific in case you still don't want to watch them.

I don't know, the teleportation kind of urks me, should be more like Boneworks where you can just, y'know, move. I think I heard that you can actually just move, but it's not shown in this gameplay. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Still undecided if I want to buy a Valve Index to play this. Looks really good and the Valve Index is definetly the best VR experience you can get at the moment.

I really hope the game is amazing and for it to get very positive feedback. Could be the first step for big VR titles, and for valve to start making games again.

You have 4 modes of locomotion. First is instant teleport, then a teleport but instead of being instant you're moved smoothly between the two points, third is actual movement which follows your headset direction and last is movement following your hand direction. I think that's what the last two are.

86dfd32cb1.jpg

Rift S?
Nvm I'm a twat, checked storepage.

Last edited:
The game is out!
@KeiwaM
@Creepis
@Eviction Notice

Back