Police Suggestion Have a PLPD notification in-game when on-duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Have a PLPD notification in-game when on-duty
Suggestion Description: When you go on duty, you should get a notification in the top right of the screen, whether an icon or a message stating that you have an unopened notifications for PLPD.

Why should this be added?:
- Not everyone opens PLPD everyday, not that they have to or necessarily have a reason to. But this gets really difficult to organise things through PLPD that require the response of other users
- Makes it more of an obvious prompt to check PLPD
- Easy to get rid of, by just checking your notifications.

What negatives could this have?:
- Might be a bit annoying?

Reaction score
I can see why this could be annoying, might be more annoying to higher ranking officers or any trainers, as i believe they get more notifications than others. But I still think it would make the response time quicker. but I don't know if this is even possible to code on gmod.

Reaction score
I can see why this could be annoying, might be more annoying to higher ranking officers or any trainers, as i believe they get more notifications than others. But I still think it would make the response time quicker. but I don't know if this is even possible to code on gmod.
I don't see why it would be impossible considering that PLPD is already synchronised with the live-server.

I'm not exactly sure how easy it would be to implement but if they already have code for taking data out of PLPD and applying it to the data for the server, then it shouldn't be overly complicated?

Reaction score
If this is possible, This would be pretty fucking good.

I don't see why it would be impossible considering that PLPD is already synchronised with the live-server.

I'm not exactly sure how easy it would be to implement but if they already have code for taking data out of PLPD and applying it to the data for the server, then it shouldn't be overly complicated?
Seeing that the server already communicates with PLPD.online, it should be pretty straight forward.

GP

Reaction score
The lobby sergeant should tell you if you have a notification after you went on duty. For example:

'By the way Lopez, got a note for you here. *hands paper* Check it out: "You have 1 unread PLPD.online message."'

Reaction score
The lobby sergeant should tell you if you have a notification after you went on duty. For example:

'By the way Lopez, got a note for you here. *hands paper* Check it out: "You have 1 unread PLPD.online message."'
thats actually genius!

Reaction score

I don't really like this idea, when you've used the NPC more than at least 5 times, you know where to click and just skip over all the unnecessary pages of the NPC talk and I'd imagine that would be the case for this too.

Mim

Reaction score
I have 158 unopened inboxes and do not wish to be reminded of this every time i come on duty. Seeing as every one of them is about a year and a half old and are lets talks and first warnings my command teams had handed out.

0haEDi9.png

Reaction score
I have 158 unopened inboxes and do not wish to be reminded of this every time i come on duty. Seeing as every one of them is about a year and a half old and are lets talks and first warnings my command teams had handed out.

0haEDi9.png
It wouldn't be a problem if you just opened them or if they are old conversations, to leave them.

Mim

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a problem if you just opened them or if they are old conversations, to leave them.
Ok, how would you like to sit there and open and close each and every one.... I definitely dont.

If this gets implemented there should be a feature to opt out.

Reaction score
Ok, how would you like to sit there and open and close each and every one.... I definitely dont.

If this gets implemented there should be a feature to opt out.
Then you should've opened them when you got the notification? This is a self-inflicted issue and a opt-out feature would make the issue that it's trying to resolve redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.