Server Suggestion Hold on a house after disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Hold on a house after disconnect
Suggestion Description: I didn't really know how to word it in the suggestion title, but I would like to suggest the following:

After you disconnect, your props are kept placed for 15 minutes. I feel that maybe, since this happens, that if you disconnect, your property gets held for 15 minutes also. I am suggesting this because I recently had a game crash where I came back and my property was already taken. I feel that it should be implemented so in that event that your game crashes, you don't loose your property.

Why should this be added?:
-

What negatives could this have?:
- 

Reaction score
I agree but I disagree with 15 minutes. More like 3 minutes or 5 minutes at most. 15 is too long for a player to just log back on.

Reaction score
I agree but I disagree with 15 minutes. More like 3 minutes or 5 minutes at most. 15 is too long for a player to just log back on.
Let's say 10 minutes then? As sometimes, depending on ones internet and speed of their PC, it may take a hot minute.

Reaction score
Let's say 10 minutes then? As sometimes, depending on ones internet and speed of their PC, it may take a hot minute.
bro 10 minutes to restart gmod and join a server is still too much. I remember even using a 2 core pc in the middle east with 120+ ping in servers which are for my region and still it took me like 5 minutes to join back a server if not less when my game crashed.

Reaction score
How about 5minutes (same time as your props stay) but also add incentives for driving back to the bank and selling your property before logging off ( like 50% of your money back or something )

Reaction score
How about 5minutes (same time as your props stay) but also add incentives for driving back to the bank and selling your property before logging off ( like 50% of your money back or something )
You already get 50% of your money back when you leave, or sell your property. It is automatic.

Reaction score
I could see it working only in one case. If you disconnect there is 5 minute hold on the property. But any player, who does so first and will be notified of the hold, can pay the property price in case the player doesn't reconnect. In which case the next player gets the property, if not he gets the money back.

Reaction score
Duplicate

Status
Not open for further replies.