Server Suggestion Property grace period

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Property grace period
Suggestion Description: I suggest this as I've just lost a property after an agreement to sell it for 20k. A few minutes after purchasing it, my game crashes. I re join and find it's already been sold off to someone else, and was surprised to find that there is no 'grace period ' for properties.

A grace period of 5-10 or so minutes, where nobody should apply when a player times out or disconnects whilst owning a property, similar to how spawned items remain in place. It doesn't make much sense that if you crash you ought to lose your property but not the items in it.

Why should this be added?:
+ Would allow people to quickly rejoin to fix certain issues (i.e. audio bugs, frame drops, etc.) without losing all their properties
+ Provides peace of mind for people who crash at high traffic times that their shop will still be there when they rejoin, but also forces them to get back on quickly or lose it.
+ Encourages people to make agreements and offers regarding the purchasing of properties, instead of waiting like a vulture for someone to crash/disconnect

What negatives could this have?:
- You could say that it would prevent people from owning new shops, but snatching up a shop from someone just because they crashed isn't really playing fair.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not just the shops being bought what's annoying. It's also annoying when you grow at Wood Cabins for example. Your game crashes and when you reconnect you are in middle of the forest with no car and no storage.

Reaction score
Please implement this, my game crashing and having to deal with the aftermath of people buying my property with my drugs in it or losing my whole apartment is miserable.

Reaction score
I am asking for this to be done, it is fully annoying as we had our base taken over because of the shitty AFK timer that pops up if you afk for literally 10 minutes, it's the worst way to lose everything