I need to find similar Artists!

Reaction score
Recently I’ve been listening to a Belgian Artist called Stromae and was hooked to his music even though it’s like 5-9 years old or so. I listened to Alors on Danse again and listened to his other music and that kept me hooked, but I’m looking for some more similar infamous artists.

I realised his old music video concepts and production was way ahead of its time and was wondering if anyone knew any artists of similar style to him if they know any or Stromae himself. I’d appreciate any responses, but only those in which are serious.

Here’s some of his music so you can get an Idea of what I’m looking for, I plan to listen to this while I study/revise and do other things:

Thank you!

Reaction score
Ah, Stromae. I began listening to him in my first year of learning French and I very quickly became obsessed with his music, even made him my avatar on here for a while.

You’ve already got some of the best songs on there but there’s a few more to really put the icing on the cake.

carmen - song is about how people are addicted to social media and how it takes control over their lives

quand c’est? - translates to when is it referring to the ticking time bomb that is Cancer, really dark and emotional song so listen if u wanna cry lol

In general, listen to anything off of the Racine Carrée album

Reaction score
French music is really good!

I'm also learning French atm, I ain't stopping till I speak it fluently.

Maître and Stromae are probably some of the best French artists. But have a look on Kaaris - Diabi His also really good.
And then you can listen to: Lacrim - A.W.A and Zaz - Je Veux.

Cya soon ! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolute banger that u hear in every club in wales huhhhhhhh

Reaction score
There's this genre called french indie pop, it's not entirely similar for some songs but it comes close i think

if you have spotify :

you're going to have to dig a little more in this one, but there are a bunch of similar songs here: