Server Suggestion Introduction of a "break" notification

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date

Deleted member 4084

Suggestion Title: Introduction of a "break" notification
Suggestion Description: This suggestion would essentially, every two to six or so hours of being on the server, give the person a notification at the top (or somewhere) of their screen notifying them that they've been playing for a couple hours and it's suggested to take a short break. This notification would not leave the screen until manually closed (similar to org invite)

Why should this be added?:
I feel this would work towards improving peoples' general wellbeing (whilst it may not be a solution it is a start), and for those who lost track of time it just is a notification that maybe now is a good time to take a short break. This is not something which is enforced, nor will it be added as a rule or anything of the sort.

What negatives could this have?:
Annoying notification if they're on the server for a while, but this is negated from the fact that it could be quite essential in other ways

Reaction score
I feel this is irrelevant, whilst you are a specific case, I believe it's beneficial for the long run--just a reminder of how long they've been playing, nothing more. It shouldn't affect your screen so much to the point you're losing shootouts and whatnot
People don't need a popup to tell them to take a break simple as that. If this for some reason somehow gets added at least make it optional in the F1 menu.

Reaction score
People don't need a popup to tell them to take a break simple as that. If this for some reason somehow gets added at least make it optional in the F1 menu.
By people you mean yourself? There have been multiple recent posts on the forums about addiction and mental health issues regarding the server and its playtime. Don’t downvote a suggestion because it might negatively impact you and a small handful of others. I agree that it should be a disable-able option, and it’d be very beneficial a lot of players who get absorbed into the gameplay.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Introduction of a "break" notification
Suggestion Description: This suggestion would essentially, every two to six or so hours of being on the server, give the person a notification at the top (or somewhere) of their screen notifying them that they've been playing for a couple hours and it's suggested to take a short break. This notification would not leave the screen until manually closed (similar to org invite)

Why should this be added?:
I feel this would work towards improving peoples' general wellbeing (whilst it may not be a solution it is a start), and for those who lost track of time it just is a notification that maybe now is a good time to take a short break. This is not something which is enforced, nor will it be added as a rule or anything of the sort.

What negatives could this have?:
Annoying notification if they're on the server for a while, but this is negated from the fact that it could be quite essential in other ways
Sounds like warframe.

Reaction score
What about one to remind me to eat?
What about one to remind me to brush my teeth before I go to bed?

What about I get one day a week to play this game and sometimes I play it for a very long time because I enjoy it, and I don't want anyone insinuating I need a "break" when I'm a fucking adult, its essentially a polite "go touch grass".
It is quite literally a "you problem" for the 1 out of 100 people this would even benefit.

Reaction score
By people you mean yourself? There have been multiple recent posts on the forums about addiction and mental health issues regarding the server and its playtime. Don’t downvote a suggestion because it might negatively impact you and a small handful of others. I agree that it should be a disable-able option, and it’d be very beneficial a lot of players who get absorbed into the gameplay.
Thats because they have no one else to talk to so trauma dump to random people on the internet, there is no responsibility for anyone here to look after anyone else's Healthcare. I literally do it for a job and its exhausting enough.

Reaction score
Right, because a pop up will solve these issues. Steam overlay already shows session length.

Reaction score
What about one to remind me to eat?
What about one to remind me to brush my teeth before I go to bed?

What about I get one day a week to play this game and sometimes I play it for a very long time because I enjoy it, and I don't want anyone insinuating I need a "break" when I'm a fucking adult, its essentially a polite "go touch grass".
It is quite literally a "you problem" for the 1 out of 100 people this would even benefit.
My point exactly thank you.

Deleted member 4084

idk why this thread turned into a shitpost, all it is--is quite literally a notification to remind you that you've been playing for a bit, it should be an option in F1 so you can disable it
it aint that deep

Reaction score
Yeah no imagine this popping up in the middle of a shootout and i have to screw myself over getting rid of a notification that isn't welcome or needed. I dont need the server to parent me. I can take care of myself -1
It is like the demo request notification, so your argument is shit

Reaction score

As I am on holiday I will not be able to implement it right away. But as people say mental health is an issue that we need to pay attention to, this is a very simple implementation of something that will only impact those who want it.

I will implement it as such:
-F1 setting to enable / disable notifications
- notification in the demo style
- will be done in intervals of 2 hours

If there are additional ideas to this or better ways of implementation feel free to DM me