Landline Telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Reaction score
Short explanation (in notes):
-You can buy a landline telephone which is a prop that has it's own number.
-This phone can ring and anyone can pick it up.
-Can also be used for outgoing calls.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I think that this is a good idea for businesses and other individuals to extend RP: they might not always want their business contacts calling their mobile phone, and may not be the only one who wants to answer business related calls (so that their employees also have the ability to do so, especially with the 'daisychaining' addition). For example, if McUwes began running a delivery service, there could be multiple phones at the counter for employees to use - all hooked up to the same number; in busy periods where multiple orders come through, they can all take orders.

Optional additions:
-You can 'daisychain' multiple phones: for example, a gunshop may have two phones so that if one is busy from a caller, the next one can be used rather than getting a 'call busy' (all linked phones are called when an incoming call is made, the first to be picked up gets the call).
-Hold feature - Shop owner may chose to place someone on hold where the phone is still on the line, but isn't hearing what is being said or transmitting.
-Could pick up local sounds.
-Could be able to transfer calls.
-Only able to be picked up by buddies.
-Make phoneboxes on the map work.

Last edited:

MattIs

Great Idea! Maybe make the telephone boxes in the map functional so you can call 911 after you've been mugged if you have your mobile phone taken off you.

+Support

Reaction score
+Support
Great Idea and would add to RP big time
[DOUBLEPOST=1423924212,1423920926][/DOUBLEPOST]
+Support
Great Idea and would add to RP big time
Well I do apologize Minilarro, I'm sorry my justification was not to your standard of a 'valid support'.
This would add an empecable amount of roleplay situations and realism with that, an example for you...
A gun shop owner has a phone next to his desk, he puts out his number in an advert but has to go and get more materials while his co-worker stays at the desk for any customers, someone calls and he picks it up, this would not be able to happen if there was not a landline, it would also show more notably when someone is using a phone as they will be holding it, whereas a mobile doesn't look extremely realistic as compared.

Is that good enough for you, sweetie?

Reaction score
+Support

Could be good for hostage situations where basically the LT throws the phone to the criminal and they can talk through that :p

However I have one question; will the player choose the telephone number, will it be random every time you buy one, or will each player have their own specific number every time they buy one?

Reaction score
+ support I love the idea as it would make it easier for shops that have multiple people working in it. It would also make the rp better on the server

ThomasGeorge

Time to make anonymous calls to the police station!

Love this idea, +support from me

Reaction score
Ha7m7xu.png

This sounds like an awesome idea, The amount of extra roleplay we could get out of this is exciting! This might even make players want to open shops more often :)

Reactions: M
Status
Not open for further replies.