Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Language Speaking

Short explanation (in notes):
- Only English
- Metagaming
- Advantage

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
As following explains. I suggest the server should only be allowed to speak english, Why? Example: " Gdzie się ukryta broń? My raid dom, Mają wiele rzeczy" Most people wouldn't understand this if they weren't having the knowledge of speaking the polish language. The translate of the sentence is: "Where did you hide the weapons? We break us in here, they have a lot of things"

This is an issue i belive many players have been thinking about, I suggest that we make an permanent rule that says: English only in Voice chat, /OOC and /Looc. Because then they wouldn't be any unfair advantages.

And as i understand the server is international and there for, English speaking most of all. That is why this idea is really important for (PerpHeads) all players.

Optional additions:
- English Only

Trande

ICly only allowing english would break the Roleplay. OOCly english only is alright.

Reaction score
- Support since my most friends is swedish and we talk alot swedish when we take a Ride etc.

Reaction score
Amanda;n29348 said:
- Support since my most friends is swedish and we talk alot swedish when we take a Ride etc.
You can speak Swedish in game just not in the OOC chats, that's what he's suggesting.

Reaction score
SenlinGames;n29354 said:
You can speak Swedish in game just not in the OOC chats, that's what he's suggesting.

I don't think that's what he's suggesting, because there is already a rule about OOC chat being English-only.

OP, you might be correct about talking in another language IC may be advantageous for the ones talking other languages so the others don't understand them. But there's not much to do to be honest. They might be just roleplaying as a foreign character and there is nothing wrong about that.

TL;DR: It is English-only OOC and any language IC now and it should stay that way imo.

Reaction score
All languages allowed IC is the only option.

Otherwise some people will have VERY hard time enjoying the server.

Reaction score
What... this makes no sense what so ever. What happens if some people start speaking korean IC, and I am a korean IC but OOC I am english? Would they have to put in /looc what they said? +Support, we need english only, and if people do want to speak in a diff language IC, then if the person IC is of that race/nationality, then they should understand it ICly and the person should /pm them what they said.

Reaction score
dunjam said:
What... this makes no sense what so ever. What happens if some people start speaking korean IC, and I am a korean IC but OOC I am english? Would they have to put in /looc what they said? +Support, we need english only, and if people do want to speak in a diff language IC, then if the person IC is of that race/nationality, then they should understand it ICly and the person should /pm them what they said.
Technically, if you want to get that much into RP, you could do that. However, you could assume that your character speaks Korean but what you hear is English, so a translation. Going into RP to a point where you choose your race/nationality would include complications no matter what, but keep in mind little to no one RP's to a point where they speak the actual language of their character, and so for obvious reasons. Thank you.

Reaction score
English in OOC and IC anything you want. My RP character is a Russian/Finnish hybrid so it would be a shame to lose my characters identity :D

Status
Not open for further replies.