Larger punishment for law 9.7

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Change to a current law.

What law do you wish to change/add: 9.7 Sexual Offences to have this punishment: Felony - 7 years maximum and liable to $8000 maximum fine.

Why should this change/addition be made: I feel this punishment should be stricter because right now a rapist who is caught can get a maximum of 5 years and then they are free to sexually abuse someone else. I feel we have a problem with rapists and sex offenders in Paralake which is not taken seriously by the PLPD. I also feel 5 years isn't enough to time for rehabilitation of the suspect so he/she can learn that what they did is wrong.

What is the aim of this change/addition: To raise awareness of sexual offences and help rehabilitate the sex offenders in Paralake, therefore generally decreasing the amount of sexual or rapist incidents in the Paralake County.

//phone

M

Reaction score
Bjqo5sr.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICING AND POLICY

Thank you for your input! This feedback is currently being considered further by the Policing and Policy department.

After this review is complete, the Chiefs of Department will consider the options available such as implementation, community feedback, etc. and you will be informed of any progress here.

Feel free to continue posting your views.