Let's talk economy

Reaction score
Let's get to the point: Player driven/owned economy, do you want it and how would you do it.

I'll start:

Instead of changing the current one, add a second system! A mining system were you get RR (Raw Resources) and convert it at Uncle Cos for a small fee for the refined materials.

The RR will be either unified or unique, meaning that either one RR is gathered and can be converted to all types of materials or one RR per material.

There will be a converting table when converting the RR with both systems, so in the unified system each material will cost a varying amount of RR, we can do some as 1 RR to 1 mat, some as 2 RR to 1 mat or 1 RR as 2 mat.

For the unique I thought to do a minimum of 1 RR to 3 mat, the problem with this is that you will have unusable leftovers until you get more.

Thus with this system the regular economy wont be affected and it will give the players two options to get the materials:

1) Fast and costly
2) Slow and cheap in bulk

Reaction score
I think my favourite thing about Perp is the simplicity of it, everything is fairly straight forward and feels very flowing. Something about a mining system feels like it would corrupt that or just give a weird feeling to the server.

Of course you don’t have to mine but still just it being there, taunting me… I can’t have it, I’ve spent too many schmeckeles on elitelupus mining upgrades that could’ve bought perpheads premium

Max

Reaction score
I think my favourite thing about Perp is the simplicity of it, everything is fairly straight forward and feels very flowing. Something about a mining system feels like it would corrupt that or just give a weird feeling to the server.

Of course you don’t have to mine but still just it being there, taunting me… I can’t have it, I’ve spent too many schmeckeles on elitelupus mining upgrades that could’ve bought perpheads premium
my mothers electricity bill after I leave my computer on for a month mining ruby over night on perpheads :penguin: :penguin:

Reaction score
I support the goal of wanting more player-driven aspects to the economy. The problem is many ideas have been suggested in the past and rejected. IIRC for example a Player Driven car market. Some people have too many cars and would rather trade cars around but it's physically impossible.

As for the mining idea I just don't feel it man. I know perpheads is not the most serious of RP and it's still GMOD but I come on to roleplay not to stand still left clicking an e-rock.

Reaction score
People that already have millions and as many guns as they will ever need will disagree whether they admit or not that is the reason.

Where as someone who does enjoy crafting such as myself it would add another layer and a "cheaper" but time consuming way to craft. I think that both options being there are a "good thing" but personally if we want a PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY we should delete it from uncle cos and make the PLAYERS sell it amongst themselves. It would give people a reason to mine and scarcity of materials would be present if no one is selling which is what is REALISTIC.

Reaction score
Embark on an Eco-Venture : Picture a vibrant world where your every action resonates. Become a pioneer of change by reducing your in-game carbon footprint. Earn carbon credits , tokens of your green efforts, and feel the pulse of a Carbon Credit Marketplace. This clever strategy not only shapes the environment but empowers industries to thrive sustainably .

And that's not all! As the demand for eco-conscious travel surges, taxi services embracing clean energy are set to thrive . Plus, fishing takes on a whole new dimension, with eco-friendly practices contributing to valuable carbon credits while giving your catches a deeper sense of purpose

Reaction score
i think its a cool idea but mining wouldn't fit, maybe like a mission from uncle cos or something like that, like he asks u to a favour for him such as go cut down trees in the forest so that he can make wooden boards and shit like that

Reaction score
i think its a cool idea but mining wouldn't fit, maybe like a mission from uncle cos or something like that, like he asks u to a favour for him such as go cut down trees in the forest so that he can make wooden boards and shit like that
So like, you pay a fee and he reduces the price for you? And would this affect only you, only you and your org or will it be global?

Reaction score
I think something like a stock market could work.
I was considering suggesting something like a bitcoin where you could convert your perp cash into coins (eg. 1 perpcoin = $1000 perpcash) for simplicity in selling and buying things, but that wouldn't really change anything since for it to be any viable as a way to make money it'd have to be a volatile currency.

A stock market would be better because you'd have more options in stock (think about buying stock in ragnatech, where the share prices go up based on how many people use ragnatech in 1 day, or roxies, or any other business, etc.)

Reaction score
Could make it something like a daily task to come back to for rewards and money like legal jobs. These could be wood working with cutting down trees, mining with the current mineshaft's we've seen teased in V6 or other odd jobs, going around markers to complete objectives. I could see this work to drive up some player economy as well, maybe less interesting for players who have money but those starting out could use all the money they could get their hands on. And maybe some job specific rewards that are exclusive once you've done enough I guess. This way you keep it pretty simple and don't refine anything out of the materials you gather, you turn them in from whatever was asked from a NPC and collect your reward(s) in item(s) and/or money.

This response probably fits somewhere else and not on this thread but I hope its relevant enough, keep the new oppurtunities simple.