Model Suggestion Livery Art

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Livery Art
Suggestion Description:
PRE-FACE:

I am aware this was posted already, however the idea is now more thought out and the times have changed to accommodate image entities more in depth.

A vanity system for rich players with too much money like ordering skins but instead it’s car liveries.

Similar to gun skins, people will develop car liveries according to a criteria given by a developer that specializes in this field.

The artists can run their submissions by senior mods+ for initial review to avoid shit posts, then follow up to developer for final review.

After full due process to assure it is compatible with the server and within criteria given, the livery is placed on the owner of the car specifically who ordered it.

Why should this be added?:
- personalization
- vanity
- fashion
- incentivizes development for perp and creativity, possibly resulting in more officially hired devs due to an extra reason to let their skills shine.
- for the aforementioned reason, v6 might come faster..

What negatives could this have?:
- annoying to review images so probably annoying to review liveries.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Improve customization and give more ways to spend your big bucks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So would this be clientside?
Depends completely on how the developers view it best implemented.

My hopes is that it works like the how the PD or taxi has a skin for PLPD or Taxi crown Victoria, Everybody sees the skin.

I’m sure we’d all love for it to be server side if it’s possible without any trouble, but if it’s only possible through client side, then so be it.

Reaction score
Depends completely on how the developers view it best implemented.

My hopes is that it works like the how the PD or taxi has a skin for PLPD or Taxi crown Victoria, Everybody sees the skin.

I’m sure we’d all love for it to be server side if it’s possible without any trouble, but if it’s only possible through client side, then so be it.
How Textures work is they're linked to a model called a "Valve Material File", and applied to a model by a "Valve Texture File". The Police and Taxi skins you mention are Valve material Files applied by Valve Texture files linked directly to the model.

Unfortunately, Only a limited number of varied Textures may be applied to a single model, Meaning that each texture would need to replace an existing file, mean that Conventionally this idea isn't possible, If the system is a usual Texture system thing. It might be possible somehow using image embed using the car as a canvas but this would require alot of work and editing one would be far above the abilities of the average player anyways. I believe the limit is 14 iirc.

Reaction score
Best way to implement this in my opinion is to hold a "Livery Art Contest" for couple vehicles at the time.

This will directly allow staff to filter out the terribly designed/breaking community guidelines/copyrighted ones.

Then have the top 5 for all cars be voted on and the top 2 of each vehicle be added with some prices like :
>250k 1st place
>100k 2nd place

This can be done per brand batch for example first do the Volkswagen vehicles and then Mercedes etc.