Police Suggestion Long sleeve shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Cops can go down to the armory sergeant and choose between a short sleeve shirt, (what we have currently) and a long sleeve version of it, which would make sense cause the current one is basically rolled sleeves as far as I can tell.
What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Cops can have a choice of short or long sleeves on their duty shirts.
What potential negatives could this have for the department:
I can't think of anything, besides the fact that someone needs to actually make the long sleeve shirt arms and first person arms model.
Other additions:
Maybe give cops the choice between a peaked cap or a baseball cap, though that may piss off people who want easy target readability when they're popping cops at 200 yards with an M4.

Reaction score
Just sounds like a really pointless addon to the cops. along with the modeling side of it. You could be wearing what ever you want and you can still be seen 20 meters or 200 meters. It wont change anything lol. if you are struggling in shootouts you should work on your aim and where you put yourself. Use cover, Use your IQ and think where I can I ambush them ETC

Reaction score
Just sounds like a really pointless addon to the cops. along with the modeling side of it. You could be wearing what ever you want and you can still be seen 20 meters or 200 meters. It wont change anything lol. if you are struggling in shootouts you should work on your aim and where you put yourself. Use cover, Use your IQ and think where I can I ambush them ETC
It's a little bit of uniform choice for regular officers that I'm sure they'd appreciate, I don't see how it's pointless at all.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
We have stuff, like the manky disgusting woman's hands that needs sorting, and this is kind of minor compared ngl
Maybe give cops the choice between a peaked cap or a baseball cap, though that may piss off people who want easy target readability when they're popping cops at 200 yards with an M4.
?????????????????????

Reaction score
It boggles me that balance is even called into question when considering designing the aesthetics of a playermodel seeing as the above described methods can already be done by both police and civilians by simply having a black playermodel. Furthermore claiming that it would only make it harder to spot officers in certain scenarios is a massive non-issue seeing as you can’t have a player model that offers full concealment in all environments. For example, a having your player model in all dark colours might give you concealment in very niche dark spots in the map at certain hours will make you stick out like a sore thumb in others.

As for the hats, I’d quite like them to stay as is and be a way to identify TFOs from regular cops.

I feel as though our current playermodel for cops is completely fine as it looks like a police model more than enough, is 10000% better than the old one as it’s actually layered and not just 2D, and is completely unique to our server and would be more effort than it’s worth for another developer to copy the design of.

Reaction score
It boggles me that balance is even called into question when considering designing the aesthetics of a playermodel seeing as the above described methods can already be done by both police and civilians by simply having a black playermodel. Furthermore claiming that it would only make it harder to spot officers in certain scenarios is a massive non-issue seeing as you can’t have a player model that offers full concealment in all environments. For example, a having your player model in all dark colours might give you concealment in very niche dark spots in the map at certain hours will make you stick out like a sore thumb in others.

As for the hats, I’d quite like them to stay as is and be a way to identify TFOs from regular cops.

I feel as though our current playermodel for cops is completely fine as it looks like a police model more than enough, is 10000% better than the old one as it’s actually layered and not just 2D, and is completely unique to our server and would be more effort than it’s worth for another developer to copy the design of.
I get the hats thing, as the traditional peaked caps are pretty unique, so it'd be shame to replace them. In terms of the sleeves though, do you think giving cops the option of having long sleeves or short sleeves for their uniform is in any way a detriment? I think it'd be a nice addition, that while serving little purpose, would allow cops to express a little bit more choice in how they look without compromising the design.

Reaction score
I actually was just about it to suggest this myself. Great idea, I think the numbers speak for themself on how bad people want this. It doesn’t seem that hard to add and it would be a nice cosmetic option.

Status
Not open for further replies.