Love.

Reaction score
Hello.
I would like to share a thing from my work today that might serve as a valuable lesson to you all. A man has had a heart attack and has been stabilized and well and brought into our unit where he wasn't required to be monitorized anymore. During our morning visit where the doctors and nurses check on patients and decide their further therapy he was feeling energized and very impatient to leave. After our visit has passed I came back to his room because I was curious to why he was THAT happy.
Apparently his son was visiting him today. His son is 40 and is a lawyer so he is often busy and rarely visits.
After literally 5 minutes, his son comes in and the elder man gets very excited - saying "Finally, after 6 months, we can play some fifa!". By this time I left the room.
After 15 minutes I was already busy doing paperwork while doctors were drinking their usual morning coffee. As the visits were coming to an end, I was about to go down the hall and get the people out the unit as the visiting hours were coming to an end. Getting out of my chair I was cut down midway through by a very loud screech coming from down the hallway. There was no way to describe that piercing sound. "HEEEELP", just one desperate, piercing cry. The atmosphere was accompanied by the sound of coffee glasses breaking down on the floor and fluid getting spilled all over the carpet.
We rushed in and saw a man in tears next to his seemingly unconcious father. He was instructed to move by the nurses to move but kept jumping back onto his father yelling his name. I was forced to drag the man away.
The doctors that came bursting in quickly found the situation hopeless and covered him with a sheet.

TL;DR Love your family while you still can.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
TL;DR Love your family while you still can.

Not knowing if this is true I cant imagine how much of a traumatic experience it was. There's not much worse than the grief of losing someone you've loved but I disagree with what you say "while you still can." Everyone that's lost family or friends, can continue to love them cherishing every memory they shared and lesson they taught them. To me that means people live on from the influence they have had on people here today.