Lower gunshot and fire volume

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Gunshots and fire volume are way too high right now. Everytime I am in a shootout or a fire, I cannot hear anything and my ears literally hurt.
I've tried making a volume bind etc but its just so aids to keep changing this. Maybe give us an option in F1 to lower volume for both gunshots and fires. There should obviously be a cap on how low you could lower it so it doesn't become an e-sport meta to have it at an exact volume.

I know it is realistic and that guns irl are even louder than this, but this is a game. The experience is supposed to be positive and not making my ears bleed, I like playing on a relatively loud volume but gunshots and fires are so much louder than literally anything else, some engines are louder than gunshots in real life but here engines are quiet to improve QoL. Gunshots and fire should have the same.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • I can hear myself think

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Realism gone
  • Easier to hear other sounds in gunfights (which should not be bad imo)

Reaction score
I cannot hear anything and my ears literally hurt.
Ever wondered why they wear ear protection at the range?
Hearing-protection_001.jpg

Reaction score
For fire maybe, idk, typically you wouldn't be hanging around a fire unless you were a Firefighter or police officer.

some engines are louder than gunshots in real life

Yeah a formula 1 engine is probably louder than a suppressed gunshot but thats it.

A formula 1 engine is 135-140 decibels, the same volume as a shot from a 22LR Rifle, one of the smallest commercial calibres.

The average volume of a gunshot from a handgun would be 160 decibels. Larger calibre rifles would be around 160-175 decibels.