Community Suggestion Make staff complaints anonymous or option for anonymity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make staff complaints anonymous or option for anonymity.
Suggestion Description: Make it so when a user wants to call out a staff member on misbehavior or abuse they aren’t automatically placing a target on themself if that same staff was to hold a grudge in the future.

Additionally when a user makes a staff complaint their identity is only anonymous to everyone except a higher up who would handle rule breaks on forums. So if the post was to be reported and found guilty then the poster’s true identity would be seen by the higher up who handles that report and deemed it rule breaking.

I’m not targeting any staff member specifically or trying to stir drama. I’m suggesting this to prevent any possibility of such occurrence and it seems like this is nothing but helpful considering there is no real reason why to not implement it.

Why should this be added?:
- Lessens drama and personal beef
- Prevents unnecessary and troublesome aftermaths.
- Doesn’t damage the purpose of or hinder the Staff Complaint feature in any way.
- Encourages and gives a feeling of safety and privacy when acting out what they believe is an effort for the sake of the betterment of the server and calling out wrong.

What negatives could this have?:
- People can start thinking they will get away with a hateful staff complaint not realizing their identity isn’t totally anonymous.

Reaction score
Incase you are unaware how staff complaints work, Let me sketch an image.

Helper Complaints - Handled By CM's
Enforcer / Mod / SMod - Handled by Admins
Admins - Handled by SA
SA / DEV - Handled by CM / Server Owners
Server Owners / CM - Handled by Server Owners

This means that a staff member will never know who has reported them, unless ofcourse they know the situation making anonymity redundant.
This structure is here to prevent targetting already, A note is that only SA / CM / Owners can see ALL staff complaints. Admins can only see Smod and below. Developers can NOT see staff complaints.

For the anonymous option, this would not work as evidence has to be supplied which will instantly identify you anyways. If you do have concerns about the integrity you can always DM @Efan or @Tyla Jai

Reaction score
Oh okay. Basically what I was suggesting was a barebones version of what’s already a part of the system. Thank you for explaining.

Reaction score
Oh okay. Basically what I was suggesting was a barebones version of what’s already a part of the system. Thank you for explaining.
Would you like this thread locked and moved since its already a thing? and what you suggested is already done?

Status
Not open for further replies.