Make the banisters/handrails in Regals/Slums/Projex penetrable by bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea: Make the banisters/handrails in Regals/Slums/Projex penetrable by bullets

Full description of the idea: Make the banisters/handrails in Regals/Slums/Projex penetrable by at least rifle bullets, if not most bullets.

Why should it be added?: The banisters/handrails are very thin and realistically most bullets would pass through them, however they seem to be impenetrable to any caliber below snipers - I find myself spraying into people on the stairs but having my bullets blocked more often than not because of weird angles etc.

Pros: Makes shootouts more entertaining in these areas & weighs out the advantage that the high ground is given in these scenarios - can be rather annoying to have someone tank a massive spray from something like a M4A1 on the stairs because your angle is a bit funny.

Cons: It could be argued that an element of skill is removed by not being forced to aim solely at heads with the banisters being impenetrable to non-sniper bullets.

Reaction score
I think this is map sided and is only changeable via editing the map itself.

Reaction score
Yeah, rather easily done though I'd imagine

Reaction score
If that’s the case then leave it for V5 if whoever is developing the map is willing to.

Reaction score
We just tested at projex stair banister that ak shots can go through

Reaction score
still seems a little excessive for 5.56 to not be able to penetrate it imo, sure it might reduce the damage by a lot but it should at least go through

Reaction score
5.56 naturally has better penetration capabilities than 7.62x39mm because 5.56 is fired at a significantly higher velocity IIRC.

Reaction score
@Samuel Yes, most likely the model being bulletproof for whatever reason. Will look into this at some point.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.