Server Suggestion Make the forums accessible ingame

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make the forums accessible ingame
Suggestion Description: Make the forums accessible ingame via either an app on the phone or via the computers. Both ways would have them logged in instantly. Or let them create forumaccount.

Why should this be added?:
- Could create more forum engagement.
- Would make alttabbing or shifttabbing (steamoverlay) to open browser not needed.
- Give those not active on forums an easier way to access them. And make guides easier to find.
- Could give ingame pcs more use.
- Could be nice with an implemented shoutbox that only works for IC (replaces tooter)
- People can stay up to date easier, and learn a thing or two from ban reasons etc

What negatives could this have?:
- Takes time to implement/code.
- Could mix ooc and ic.
- If added as application, might need to replace an app (tooter I’d suggest).

Reaction score
Yes, this would be very cool and beneficial. I often find myself havibg to tab out to do it and missing out on rp or something that happens that i othwrwise would have been able to see.

Reaction score
the steam web browser works great for me, set homepage to perpheads.com. It has persistent login for new sessions. The big downside though is it dims the game and has panels in the foreground. I agree it would be a good use for the Computer prop or phone app, if it’s simple to achieve

Reaction score
the steam web browser works great for me, set homepage to perpheads.com. It has persistent login for new sessions. The big downside though is it dims the game and has panels in the foreground. I agree it would be a good use for the Computer prop or phone app, if it’s simple to achieve
I have the same thing. Therefore I play on windowed fullscreen so I can alttab to second monitor and still have my ingame visible. Another thing to note is that if you log in via normal browser, not steam overlay. You have to log in with your steam and (if enabled) your steam authenticator. Which adds to need of grabbing phone etc. Alot of extra work which could make new players stray away from for the extra effort required.

Reaction score
I personally fail to see the point of this, there are points were you access the internet though your overlay (PD NPC for example), but a app just to open your steam overlay on the forums seems un-needed and pointless

Reaction score
I personally fail to see the point of this, there are points were you access the internet though your overlay (PD NPC for example), but a app just to open your steam overlay on the forums seems un-needed and pointless
Why pointless? Could you please explain?
I think we can both agree that a pretty reasonable amount of peeps dont use the forums. Whatever their reasons are doesnt matter.
You don’t think it could at least stimulate/encourage the usage? Or hell even make the unused tooter into something useable.
I do have to admit that I dunno how it would work. My intention isnt that it opens steamoverlay. More like a functioning app that keeps you ingame. But even steamoverlay, that would still make it more accessible.