Server Suggestion Tiny calc as a ingame app for vip's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: adds tiny calc as a ingame app for vip's only

Why should this be added? (pros): easier to use as you dont have to tab out onto a browser

What negatives could this have? (cons): might have to be simplified due to the data it needs to store

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score
I'm upvoting this but I don't really see the point in limiting it to VIPs as it's really not that much more effort for me to alt tab or shift tab to get tinycalc up

Reaction score
disagree

this is an abstract perpetuation of capitalistic oppression and limitation of financial and class plasticity via incurring additional costs to impoverished community members who lack the facility to access a browser in addition to garry's mod on the same device due to limitations within hardware and therefore require such a service

tory suggestion

Reaction score
Why should this be added? (pros): easier to use as you dont have to tab out onto a browser
the basket data was made just for that. you don't need to tab out, you could copy the hash given and load it on your overlay's browser.
it might be a little annoying dealing with it through an app. it may be better to have an entire menu made for it (like delivery).

i can see a bunch of pros for it being in game, it could have a few additions i suppose. such as item weight being added to the crafting data and total weight of all materials youll need to buy. and maybe dark mode too

Reaction score
Pointless NGl: just open chrome and type in the address.

Reaction score
I mean you can already do this in-game. You just need to know where to look. F1>Guides>Crime and Combat>Firearms Guide - you can find a link to Tiny Calc and it will redirect you to it. Might be hard getting back to the other guides though. I like the idea of the app, however it would have to be in a larger window as the phone screen is too small.

Reaction score
I mean you'll get stuck in a menu no matter what. I'd rather tab out now and then to use the website than be in a menu on my phone where you have to go in and out of to get all the materials and prices right over an over instead of simply; tab out.

Reaction score
If you really want this why not just put TinyCalc as its own tab in the F1 menu. Easy to access and would be better than on the phone. Otherwise I would just find it easier to tab out.

Reaction score
disagree

this is an abstract perpetuation of capitalistic oppression and limitation of financial and class plasticity via incurring additional costs to impoverished community members who lack the facility to access a browser in addition to garry's mod on the same device due to limitations within hardware and therefore require such a service

tory suggestion
tl;dr your pc’s shit

Sam

Reaction score

The thing with anything GUI-based is that it takes time. And on top of that, the tricky part is to make it actually compatible with really small resolutions that some of our players use. You would be surprised by the resolutions people play on just to gain an advantage over other players. Having said that, if we would add this to the phone, then it would be a lot of scrolling, the smartphone GUI is not that big, so it would be a pain to do stuff in it, which makes the website so much easier to use.

I think @Ellie says what needs to be said tbh. And anyone with a small screen would face big issues, as the phone would probably overlap with the store menu.
I mean you'll get stuck in a menu no matter what. I'd rather tab out now and then to use the website than be in a menu on my phone where you have to go in and out of to get all the materials and prices right over an over instead of simply; tab out.

Having said all this. I would be open to doing other stuff to make the purchase of materials easier, such as adding "Copy to Clipboard" for the materials menu, etc... unsure if that would help but ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.