Melee Update - 15/12/2021

Reaction score
MsvfAxi.png

@Lelios and I have been working on a revamp of the melee system for the past few months. I am pleased to announce that it will go live tomorrow. You can see all of the ones that we will now have in the picture below.

ef042eadf2.png

Changes
  • All melee weapons now follow the same base, in a similar style to how the guns have worked for many years.
    • This will make it easier to add new ones.
    • This makes the damage is applied more consistently.
  • Added three new melee weapons:
    • Hammer
    • Hatchet
    • Meat Cleaver
  • The Combat Knife has a new model.
  • Single handed melee weapons now go into an idle animation after a period of non-use.
  • Some melee weapons have a random animation that will play from time to time.
  • Slash-type melee weapons can damage vehicle tires.
  • More weapons are able to stun other players.
  • Most weapons have had their mixtures adjusted (TinyCalc) will be updated shortly.
  • Several weapons have had their sound and visuals adjusted.
  • All weapons now have a trade-off compared to other weapons in relation to their varying attributes.
I've made a quick guide on the help website to explain the difference between the weapons: https://help.perpheads.com/page/melee

The hammer comes in a random colour:

Now it's much easier to add weapons, we are open to suggestions of adding new melee weapons. When creating suggestions, please consider how any new weapons would fit into the current line-up, and what attributes it might have.

Many thanks to @Carrot, @Samuel and @blackdown for helping with development testing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'll have to delete Cleaver.Blend from my PC.

Time to make a zombie knife tho...

Sun-ye-on RP Time with the cleaver anyone?

Reaction score
  • Slash-type melee weapons can damage vehicle tires. so is that like a 1 hit thing or ??

Reaction score
i dont get it, from the attribute the hammer looks much better compared to the bat. What about range tho ? or do they basicly have the same range, The Hammer is just a better baseball bat at this point

Reaction score
Would you consider making some of them throwable (like bottle, but cleaver) and implying status's on hit?

Reaction score
Poseidon Incorporated is looking for another organization to start a "melee weapon war" with as of the update tomorrow.
We will start a rival ship then any time we see others members in-game it is on sight.
As the name states only melee weapons will be allowed.

If interested please contact me on the forums or on Steam.
Back to back with these crazy updates, so excited for this its gonna be laughs. Good stuff as always fellas.

Last edited:

Leo

Reaction score
Poseidon Incorporated is looking for another organization to start a "melee weapon war" with as of the update tomorrow.
We will start a rival ship then any time we see others members in-game it is on sight.
As the name states only melee weapons will be aloud.

Back to back with these crazy updates, so excited for this its gonna be laughs. Good stuff as always fellas.
Bro you lot sure you want this problem? Say less.

Reaction score
As the name states only melee weapons will be aloud.

this is how weak men are created, starting wars on behalf of fun whereas the original war against the rats was created out of hate and emotion, this will not be tolerated. Real men died during the gang war previously, boys will fall in yours

Last edited:
Reaction score
this is how weak men are created, starting wars on behalf on fun whereas the original war against the rats was created out of hate and emotion, this will not be tolerated. Real men died during the gang war previously, boys will fall in yours
o7 to all the machetes lost in battle