Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Apology-ish
Which staff member banned you: (See: ScamBans) @flugs
How long were you banned for: 3 days 2 days
Your Steam Name
: ModoSN
Your In-game Name: Charlie Modo
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:6757065

Why were you banned/blacklisted: (See: ScamBans) 2.5, 4.1 - User accidentally ran over three people as RC when it could have been easily prevented.

Why should this appeal be considered:

Firstly, I've just seen that it has been shortened to 2 days, so thanks @flugs. I'd like to request it be completely removed though because as stated in the ban reason, it was an accident. I was driving fast and swerving around police cars in a reckless manner but to be honest this was because I had to get off and was rushing but this was counter-productive because it ended up taking an extra 20-ish minutes to get off due to the RP and the sit afterwards...

This is the moment I see the crowd... I'm going 45mph and aprox 3-4 car lengths away from them

3yhq8SJ.png

Reaction times vary from person to person, but are typically 0.2 seconds (s) to 0.9 s.
-https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z83tjty/revision/3#:~:text=Reaction%20times%20vary%20from%20person,time%20can%20be%20affected%20by%3A&text=Longer%20reaction%20times%20increase%20the,stopping%20from%20a%20given%20speed.

I'm pretty small brain so lets say I take 1 second to process what I'm seeing...

Now, I'm here (about 1.5 car distance away) and as you can see... I'm already braking

b9Rst3M.png

With the swerving I did and the handling of the tow truck, baring in mind I'm also towing a vehicle... I think it was fair that I was unable to brake in time.

When "analysing" the video, it easy for me to say "well I should've swerved right", etc but in reality, in the moment it is difficult to make these decisions.

When I was taken into custody, I also did /desc smells of booze to preserve the roleplay and indicate that I was drink driving

I do not believe this was excessively negative (2.5), I was just being reckless driving, I was not intending to harm anyone or "mass RDM", I was just trying to get to the roadcrew station to impound a vehicle and get off...

4.1, Government employees should follow the law? Yes, I agree that I did not do this as I was recklessly driving, speeding and then I also attempted to RP being drunk.

Additional Comment(s):

I'm bored at home and have nothing else to do than play video games and I'd like to play Perpheads :(

People have done much worse and only gotten a warning, to give examples:
  • 4.1; User kidnapped and killed a medic as a police officer. The user states they were friends however, this ended up disrupting the RP of multiple others that were dragged in. - This is far worse than what I did! I don't think I impacted RP, as I did attempt to preserve it and jacob even took me all the way to jail before taking me to a sit so I would say the RP was preserved.
  • 3.4 - Threw a grenade at a police officer over what would've been a minor assault charge, this lead to massive police response and the apprehension of him and his friends. - Again, much worse than what I did
  • 3.4, 3.20 - User shot someone infront of police and then sat down.When forced out of a seat by a staff member the user pulled a gun then dc'ed when uncon

I could go on forever with these warnings that are far worse than what I did today. I think my punishment should be lowered to a warning and maintain the 1 month RC blacklist.

Considering my playtime, I have a fairly clean record...

Reaction score
Denied

I gave you a shorter ban than I was initially going to, however you could have easily prevented this accident if you were actually paying attention and not driving recklessly, which got three people killed. The fact they were immediately revived, amongst other things, is why the ban is only two days.

Regardless of whether you fully killed them or not, you've still negatively impacted their experience in a way considered excessive by ploughing through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.