Model Suggestion Motorbike and Bicycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ww
ead57177330c5ac4e07462b5f657a999.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Every other server I have played on with bikes was total aids, the hit boxes and turning for the vehicles were fucked. If it can be done properly then I 100% agree with this suggestion

Reaction score
yeah the good thing is they dont actually look too much like gta v vehicles and they look realistic too i would love to see the motorbikes added ngl

Reaction score
Rather than having them as spawnables I’d rather see them as simply vehicles but parking laws don’t apply for them. Would love to see a pocket rocket racing bike that does 150 MPH for a fraction of the cost of a furai though.

Biker gang RP would be sick too, no more biker RP with muscle cars.

Reaction score
Rather than having them as spawnables I’d rather see them as simply vehicles but parking laws don’t apply for them. Would love to see a pocket rocket racing bike that does 150 MPH for a fraction of the cost of a furai though.

Biker gang RP would be sick too, no more biker RP with muscle cars.
the thing is though unfortunately there is only 3 real bikes in this add on so the speeds etc would have to be picked very carefully as they obviously can't go like 130 for like 1 mil or smthin but what would be great is if they did like 80 90 ish but then the upgrades grately increased it to around 120-130 max but at a higher cost

Reaction score
the thing is though unfortunately there is only 3 real bikes in this add on so the speeds etc would have to be picked very carefully as they obviously can't go like 130 for like 1 mil or smthin but what would be great is if they did like 80 90 ish but then the upgrades grately increased it to around 120-130 max but at a higher cost
They should offer more speed than cars of their price range quite significantly alongside the buffs mentioned above such as injury risk, damage risk, fuel consumption and low trunk space and seats, otherwise they simply wouldn’t be practical.

Reaction score
i believe its impossible to create 2 wheeled vehicles in gmod (that behave normally) due to the way scripting works. im probably wrong doe

Reaction score
They should offer more speed than cars of their price range quite significantly alongside the buffs mentioned above such as injury risk, damage risk, fuel consumption and low trunk space and seats, otherwise they simply wouldn’t be practical.
honestly anything except the harley shouldnt have ANY trunk space also yeah i think maybe making them expensive to repair and wreck at slower speeds is deffinatley a better way to discourage it being like thailand etc with a million bikes on the road instead of cars

Reaction score
i believe its impossible to create 2 wheeled vehicles in gmod (that behave normally) due to the way scripting works. im probably wrong doe
so what i belive it is actually is it has 4 wheels but they are like invisible and it's hitbox if you will is only the bike it should behave just fine

Reaction score
Yeah teby, I just made those pictures up. It's not like TDM has made a pack with them in it, I just made that part up and hoped that the forums would fall for it.

Reaction score
Exactly what @MiniRaze said. Bikes in Garry's Mod generally don't work as they should and are generally a mess. Unless completely remade and remade very well I wouldnt like to see these implemented.

Reaction score
scripting vehicles in gmod requires an entity to have 4 wheels, and it wouldnt be able to lean or anything, so it would turn extremely awkwardly. unless u give it the chance to flip over and mess with the hitboxes. then again im probably wrong as i dont do modeling / tinker with vehicles

Yeah teby, I just made those pictures up. It's not like TDM has made a pack with them in it, I just made that part up and hoped that the forums would fall for it.
theres no need to be hostile :)

Reaction score
Exactly what @MiniRaze said. Bikes in Garry's Mod generally don't work as they should and are generally a mess. Unless completely remade and remade very well I wouldnt like to see these implemented.
I am literally staring at a bike right now on singleplayer driving around Paralake cutting through some bollards with ease. Maybe Bicycles wouldn't work, but motorised ones would.

Reaction score
Because everyone seems to have an expert opinion without trying the addon first, here is the Police Bike in sandbox showcasing hitbox with other vehicles, handling and how its always being kept upright making impossible to fall over just like all the other vehicles (You could probably make it so it doesn't have the keep upright feature once you get into a collision, would be sick to see it fall and slide out of control)
Because of how prop_vehicle_jeep works in Half-Life 2, it being a four wheel car and not a two wheeler (I believe the bikes are just a four wheel car in disguise lol) but with adjusted hitbox and script to make this possible. It's not messy to drive around and would be fun if it's properly implemented although we would have to properly balance this kind of vehicle.

Everyone would also die because Paralake drivers are the worst in the world so this isn't all too bad as a indirect buff for EMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.