Motorbikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok this might be a little hard to code considering there arent any seats in gmod that look like your on a bike, but i think it would be awesome if motorcycles were added to the game! This would give new players a cheap, 1 person vehicle to start off, maybe like a vespa or something like that. Of course there would be faster, and more expensive bikes for older players to have a motorcycle gang or race or whatever. Maybe add a little dirt race track in the new map?

Reaction score
yeah nice idea was thinking about that maybe make like a pizza delivery boy :D

Reaction score
Wasn't there already motorbikes on the server? But they were took buggy, if not then I must be thinking about another server

I dont remember the server having motorbikes before, but it could also open jobs like ragnarock said

Reaction score
As Spaggetios already pointed out there aren't very good animations for appearing as though you are driving a motorcycle, there are other problems with this as well. But the way vehicles are handled by HL2 doesn't allow them to fly freely through the air, so even if there was a dirt track it wouldn't be that great. Also trying to code for how a motorcycle could realistically behave would be a real pain in the butt and honestly take more time than any benefit from it. I think a pizza delivery guy would be used less than the delivery we have now considering how he can bring you food now and rarely does anyone make these orders. Perhaps that will change on the new map, but right now I don't see much reason why we should take the time to do this with how much else we have to work on.

Reaction score
Until you realize the legs are entirely wrong. But the main problem are 1) I haven't seen any decent motorcycles we could even use as models, since that is far beyond what I'd be willing to do and 2) We don't need cheaper transport than the Mini for personal use since vehicles are a privilege, not a right and 3) Coding in a proper motorcycle is too much work at this time.

Reaction score
I still think we should add some kind of King ATV-Quad, not for $5k so everybody can ride around in a piece of shit with the jeep sound from HL2 but something for let's say $80k which would be a tad faster than the mini and could actually be used as the 'secret' type of vehicle. I found myself in too many situations where my cover was spoiled because the car could be seen from the road in the woods near 2nd BP and yes, it had a green-gray colour, I was trying as much realism as I could. A relatively fast ATV would be a great advantage for sniping situations etc.

Reaction score
Snafu said:
I still think we should add some kind of King ATV-Quad, not for $5k so everybody can ride around in a piece of shit with the jeep sound from HL2 but something for let's say $80k which would be a tad faster than the mini and could actually be used as the 'secret' type of vehicle. I found myself in too many situations where my cover was spoiled because the car could be seen from the road in the woods near 2nd BP and yes, it had a green-gray colour, I was trying as much realism as I could. A relatively fast ATV would be a great advantage for sniping situations etc.
Its a good idea

Reaction score
I support ATV's, the PERP server I played on a few years ago also allready had ATV's.
If possible I support motorcycles but as Stephen said, it might be too much work to get it working.

Yeah ok, maybe motorbikes might be to excessive, but you can defently put atv's in there? i remember perpetual roleplayers or something like that had them, idk the server name.

Reaction score
Most PERP servers have ATVs, we on the other hand don't see these as road going vehicles, which most people would use them as. Also cars are supposed to be a benefit to you, so having the ATV at a cheap price would negate much work necessary to obtain one. The Mini is the cheapest/slowest car available, and although you can't buy right away, that's a good thing because it shows you have to have some dedication to buying one. We don't need every single person owning a vehicle of some sort, only those that have taken the time. This is why jobs and all are available for the most part when you first join, other servers require X amount of playtime, so you can do a job and earn money to go buy your car with. Of course you can always take the risky road of growing/making drugs to get a more expensive car faster, but know that it is not necessarily safe to do so. If we are going to add any more vehicles, they will no doubt be proper cars and none cheaper than what it is now.

Reaction score
ATV flip too much even problem in dayz you would have to code a feature that makes you flip it back

Reaction score
Ragnarock;n3298 said:
ATV flip too much even problem in dayz you would have to code a feature that makes you flip it back
I do not know if you acknowledge the fact but every vehicle on the server has an auto flip code, that's why events like "A vehicle has crashed dropping $5k" is almost impossible to make it look cool since it's really hard to leave the vehicle flipped.

Reaction score
It's an good idea but remember that you're completely invisible to bullets when sitting in a chair or a car, only explosions kill you. So you'd have to code a way of killing people in the sitting animation.

Reaction score
I realize everyone would want this, but like I noted before, with the amount of road travel to get around both in Evocity and soon in Paralake, having ATVs and/or motorcycles would be extremely dangerous for all involved and end up causing more accidents than without. In Paralake you have three main options to get places, either try to find safe foot paths to places, use the subway, or buy a car. Also as I noted before, there aren't the best of motorcycles as vehicles to use and the ones there are handle exactly like a car, but just look like a motorcycle so it's ugly and not good. And to the point of trying to register if someone is shot while in a vehicle gets extremely complicated fast, so just more time that would have to be taken to do this, so anyone that supports this, I'm sorry to disappoint you but this is not our priority at this point, and might not be for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.