Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So my mouse has been disconnecting itself and then reconnecting just a few seconds later.

This happened usually only once per 4 hours while playing a game or anything alike.

It increased to once per 2 hours.
Once per hour.
Twice an hour.
Once every 10 minutes.

And now it's doing it every 10 seconds and so forth.

Every time this happens it plays the disconnect sound, but never tells me in text it's disconnected or reconnected. And I have to rely on my mouse moving to know if it's connected.

I'm starting to think this is a power issue, however I've removed all useless drivers and even switched USB ports.
I've disabled power saving mode for all USB root hubs and can't seem to find the problem.

It isn't a problem with my mouse, as I've tried this on several mice and all of them do the exact same thing.
My mouse is still on as shown underneath, but the lighting that appears on the inside of my palm is off.
Like so:
58aa12211d.jpg
This indicates that my mouse is disconnected from my PC but not from the power supply.

My mouse works when all lights are on
Like so:
bea8138b58.jpg

86cea2afb0.jpg

This also seems to only happen most frequently when playing games or slightly frequently when watching youtube or any movie.
Leads me to believe it's something to do with my USB root hub not getting enough power.

Status
Not open for further replies.