How long were you banned for: 3 days

Your Steam Name
:RockyMountainMafia
Your In-game Name:Tony Plush
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47390989

Why were you banned/blacklisted: Disconnect during mugging
Why should this appeal be considered: Didn't know

Additional Comment(s):
I am accused of disconnecting during a mugging. I was on the dock selling to drug dealer and when done walked to the pier and disconnected as I planned all along. There were about 5 people who were walking around and apparently and not surprisingly they tried to mug me. But I already disconnected for the day and didn't see or know a hold up attempt was happening. The ban also stated I was going to disconnect in another situation and breaking character doing so. In that case someone who already raided me was back in my house raiding me again. And I was needing to disconnect for the night due to a system issue(work related) that I had to attend to. So I didn't just want to disconnect so I asked him to hurry up and mug me and if he was going to kill me to hurry up do so. But he spent must of the time saying nothing and just staring at me, but I didn't disconnect until he walked away. I just wanted to clear that up, you don't have to repeal the ban but wanted to put it out there what happened. I try not to be a minge, at least not knowingly.

Regards

Deleted member 5193

Denied

A video was supplied by the report creator which showed you being gunpointed by two armed men, one in front of you and one behind you. Both @Collier and I watched the video and came to the same conclusion which was that it looked entirely deliberate, as soon as you start getting mugged you stand completely still and then disconnect.

Whilst your intent may not have been malicious, it is still entirely your responsibility to see what is going on around you if and when you are planning on disconnecting from the server. It would've been a different story if the person was behind you and you could possibly argue you didn't realise, but as there was one armed man pointing a gun at your face I am not sure that excuse could work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.