Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Erwin
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Days

Your Steam Name: Beesting
Your Roleplay Name: Joel Grasshopper
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:421800222

Why were you punished?: Disconnecting to avoid being mugged, + lying to staff (apparently)

Why should this appeal be considered?: I think my ban should be either shortened or removed completely because-

1. My ban is entirely based on Erwin's opinion, there are literally no ways for me or anyone else in my position to prove that my game did not freeze when it did. The only "proof" Erwin can provide was describing how my car was turning before I disconnected. Which can easily be explained by "TDM Cars" having very delayed turning and acceleration leading to them usually continuing turning for a second or so after you stop turning.

Had there been actual, solid proof that I had disconnected on purpose, I wouldn't not be against getting banned because i know that i had broke the rules on purpose. But the whole idea of me Disconnecting to avoid being mugged, while literally having nothing of value on me, only to rejoin 1 minute later seems extremely unlikely and honestly unresonable.

2. In my opinion i think that if you were to want to disconnect to avoid being mugged while remaining unpunished, you would at least avoid rejoining instantly, making it super obvious that you had disconnected with the intention of not losing items and continuing to play.

When in reality my game froze, I closed it and instantly started it up so that if i were to get reported for exactly this sort of thing, I could explain to the admins that I did not disconnect without reason and at least be able to defend myself if I were to get accused of leaving with the intention of saving items.

3. There would have been 100+ better ways of solving this than banning me for 2 days, with the only proof for banning me being the staff in question's opinion?

I don't blame staff or anyone involved for assuming i disconnected with the intention of saving items that i literally did not even have. And i would have been fine with being tped back to the "mugging scene" when i rejoined, but the report was not made against me until over 30 mins later.

Reaction score
Your game did not crash, you disconnected manually, If your game crashes it is shown in our logs.

Reaction score

The video provided of the demo did not show you freezing.

Reviewed with @A1L

Status
Not open for further replies.