My PC project

Reaction score
So Hayden has helped me pick my parts to build a computer. Here is what they are:
  • Intel Core i5-4590 BX80646I54590 Processor (6M Cache, 3.3 GHz)
  • Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - White (HX318C10FWK2/16)
  • NZXT No Power Supply ATX Mid Tower Case Cases CA-S340W-B1
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 80+ GOLD, 650W Fully Modular 10 Year Warranty Power Supply 120-G1-0650-XR
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
  • ASRock Z97 ANNIVERSARY LGA1150/ Intel Z97/ DDR3/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard
  • Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E120B/AM)
  • Seagate 2TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST2000DM001)
Now I do not need any recommendations on better parts. My question is: Is there any incompatability between the parts?

Edit: Ive changed the WD 2TB HDD 2.5-inch to a Seagate 2TB HDD 3.5-inch
Which one do I need? The 2.5 or 3.5 inch?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Uhm.
If everything fits together
then you're all good.
Things like power ports
and stuff.
Maybe Google the compatibility for some parts.

I'm not very good at this, am I.

Reaction score
if i look fast over this i think not
[DOUBLEPOST=1436736011,1436735953][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean like it will fit

MattIs

You may be better to wait for the intel 5000 series processors to come down in price.

When do you want it by?

Reaction score
SSD is optional, 1TB of HDD is good enough for everything.
8GB of RAM is also enough really, you are getting a 16GB kit which is a tad too much but its aight for heavy applications.

Ever built a PC before? Its like Lego's. Watch some videos on YouTube for assembly tutorials and how to properly apply thermal paste. Overall, I do not have any other parts to recommend as these are all good enough for your budget.

Reaction score
SSD is optional, 1TB of HDD is good enough for everything.
8GB of RAM is also enough really, you are getting a 16GB kit which is a tad too much but its aight for heavy applications.

Ever built a PC before? Its like Lego's. Watch some videos on YouTube for assembly tutorials and how to properly apply thermal paste. Overall, I do not have any other parts to recommend as these are all good enough for your budget.

I did consider if I should go with 2TB or 1TB, but considering I have so many friends that have different favorites I might aswell have it all and not worry about space. About the 16GB RAM I did consider that aswell and decided to remove the SSD from the budget, but I was able to squeeze both in, and why not have over what I need just incase. Anyways thank you for the quick response.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436737508,1436737364][/DOUBLEPOST]
You may be better to wait for the intel 5000 series processors to come down in price.

When do you want it by?

Do you think it will go down on price by 3 weeks? I am going on a trip so I wouldn't mind having it built when I come back, but it depends on how much will it go down by?

On phone btw, forgot to mention.

Reaction score
If you want all to be simple, dont buy extra thermal paste or different cpu cooler, just use stock if you dont give a shit about the noise, just assuming you use a headset :)

Your parts are fine, no incompatabilities in my eyes.
If this is your first time go watch videos from Austin Evans or JayzTwoCents
Austin has build videos from price ranges if you care about that :)

Reaction score
EDIT: Meant to post as a comment. My bad.

They sure are. However, CPU's have a fail-safe of sorts to prevent damage through overheating. Ideally, it should never reach the point of being required, but they will shut down instantly if getting too hot.

Reaction score
Take a look at the list again, does the HDD fit?
Also, the SSD I am going to buy is 2.5-inch. Does that have anything to do with the size aswell?