Building a computer soon

Reaction score
I decided to sell my laptop because it's causing me a lot of problems and a macbook pro and build a pc for $2000 Any thoughts?

These are the parts:

Hard Drives:
Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM
Samsung 750 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
Cpu And Cooler:
Intel Core I7-6700K Processor (4 GHz, 8 M Cache, LGA1151)
Corsair CW-9060025-WW Hydro Series H100i V2 240 mm Extreme Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler - Black
Gpu:
MSI 1080 8GB
Ram:
HyperX FURY DDR4 HX424C15FB2K2/16 Ram Kit 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 2400 MHz
Motherboard:
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming Motherboard - Grey/Red/Black
PSU:
EVGA 750 W GQ Series ATX Modular Power Supply with Active PFC

Reaction score
I basically got the same setup, just another MB, CPU cooler and RAM. Its pretty solid, but looking back at it, I dont think the 1080 is worth it, if you just use 1080p

Reaction score
As (In my eyes) $2000 isn't lots too spend I would recommend you get a 1070 and try to get a i7 6800k. The performance will be much better with those extra cores and will run better on newer games and poorly optimised games *cough cough* arma 3 *cough*

Reaction score
A 1080 is just overkill at this point, save a few bucks and go for a good 1070 since that gets the job done. Everything else is fine, since you're getting a i7-6700K with watercooling make sure that the motherboard can actually overclock. I'm on my phone right now so I don't know if the one you listed can overclock or not. Everything else is fine.

Reaction score
Hello Alphie.
We have a lot of the same parts on our PC's, so here are some thoughts.

1. The motherboard you're using does NOT come with wi-fi, so if you want that, you can either buy another motherboard or a wi-fi adapter. The motherboard is also last years model, I think. There's a new one with RGB lighting called AURA.

2. Also why is the motherboard a mini-ITX motherboard, when you say you have a phantom case, which supports ATX? I'd suggest getting the normal Z170 PRO GAMING or the Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA, so you get the extra functionality of ATX.

Reaction score
I have seen the power of 1080. It does a really good job, well mine does on my monitor,
Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q..
I can even get the ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Strix OC - 8GB to crack in graphics in some games on ultra, easily, which is the most powerfull gpu of all 1080's, so i have ordered the Titan X Pascal gpu.

You should get an other motherboard that supports overclocking, i got the same cpu but an
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula, S-1151 motherboard. And if you are doing overclocking, definitely get some really good liquid cooling.. I got Corsair Hydro H110i V2 High Performance CPU Cooler..