Need help with building a pc

Reaction score
Never really chose parts for a PC before so with the budget of £500, what would be the best option for CPU and all that stuff? It can probably go slightly over that price but I'm also planning on getting a 144hz monitor, mouse & keyboard (also give me suggestions for those too, just no clicky keyboard pls).

I don't need any extra storage, I have an SSD + HDD already forgot to mention.

Btw I mainly play source games so it does not have to be the strongest PC (idc about playing low graphic settings as long as it can maintain at least 144fps) but I do want to have a much better experience with my frames on newer games such as Call of Duty Cold War where it may be a bit demanding and to not have my PC slow down when having minecraft + gmod + discord + chrome, etc opened.

@Creepis sorry

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gonna need to save up for a bit, 144Hz isn't going to be cheap and is pretty demanding even if your goal is only Source titles which is still mainly CPU intensive. Picked out these parts for now.

Without GPU you're looking at 450 Pounds. If you wanna dish out a bit more for your CPU get a 3600XT instead.

Cold War will get these results at 1080P if you're aiming for 144FPS on low settings like you mentioned.

Reaction score
Gonna need to save up for a bit, 144Hz isn't going to be cheap and is pretty demanding even if your goal is only Source titles which is still mainly CPU intensive. Picked out these parts for now.

Without GPU you're looking at 450 Pounds. If you wanna dish out a bit more for your CPU get a 3600XT instead.

Cold War will get these results at 1080P if you're aiming for 144FPS on low settings like you mentioned.
Cheers for the reply, looks like I’ll be getting the additional stuff such as a better monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc in the future instead as a much better PC is my biggest priority right now

Reaction score
I don't think you can get a setup for running 144 Hz for £500. Just save up a little more.
Yeah that’s the plan, not in any rush to get a new PC however I’ve been meaning to get it sorted out for months now so I’m just trying to see what I can get at what price