New Chief and Deputy Chiefs of Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
chiefs.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
New Chief and Deputy Chiefs of Department​

Hello everyone,

As many of you will be aware, yesterday Hayden tendered his resignation from Chief of Department, stepping down to the rank of Sergeant. I want to thank Hayden for his years of service in steering the department; it’s a shame to see you go and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Having spoken with server ownership, I have accepted the role of Chief of Department and look forward to the challenge of leading the PLPD. As my first act as Chief, it gives me great pleasure to announce the new Deputy Chiefs of Department: @A1L, @Acerius, and @Sean. Please join me in congratulating them for their new roles! They have provided some short statements regarding their promotion:

@Acerius: “I am pleased to have accepted the position of Deputy Chief of Department after being invited to a meeting by the newly appointed Chief of Department, John Davids. I thank him and others involved in the appointment process for investing their trust in me and I look forward to returning to the fold of running the Department.

I would like to pay respects to the outgoing Chief of Department - Hayden James - for their continued commitment and leadership that they gave the Department over recent years. It gave me reassurance knowing that, as my Deputy Chief, he was to be appointed as my successor, and I felt confident knowing the Department was being left in capable hands upon my departure.

It was nearly three years ago that - after a challenging recruitment process - I entered the Office of the Chiefs of Department as the Chief myself, and little over two years ago that I had the pleasure of bestowing two newly created awards upon John, who has continued to make great strides, having now achieved appointment to what I believe to be one of the most rewarding positions available. I know that he will provide fantastic, unbridled leadership, particularly as we work towards shaping a Department fit for the future.

I would also like to congratulate my two fellow Deputy Chief of Department appointees - Schneider Ficklestein and Steven Ficklestein - on their entrance to this great office alongside me. I know that the four of us as a Senior Management Team will work in synergy to bring about the amazing transformation that this Department deserves.”

@Sean: “I am excited to take on this new role as Deputy Chief and I can't wait to see our plans for the department implemented in the near future. I would like to thank John Davids for trusting me in this position and allowing me to be a big part of this major change!

It has been just over a year since I served as Major of Operations Services, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. However, I am now excited to start a new chapter in my career and further advance the department. I am confident that with this new team of Chiefs, we can bring many more opportunities to the department and introduce a range of new features.

I would like to congratulate the new Chief, John Davids, on his well-deserved appointment! Additionally, I would like to congratulate my fellow Deputy Chiefs, Schneider Ficklestein and Acer Joseph, on their new roles as well. I look forward to us all working together!”

@A1L echoes the above statements and looks forward to further developing the department, following on from his tenure as Head of Professional Standards.

The most notable and immediate change is the fact that we now have 3 Deputy Chiefs of Department to support the Chief. This council of deputies of course take direction from and give help to the Chief of Department in order to further the success of the department but also have new powers for a majority vote in order to remove the Chief in the case of inactivity or misconduct. This will increase the agility of the Office of the Chiefs of Department, ensuring that the department will not be stifled by an inactive Chief. While the new Deputies have this new power, they may still be removed by the Chief of Department. These changes will soon be formalised in policy.

I am eager to get started on what I hope will be a great era for the PLPD. I have full confidence in my three Deputy Chiefs of Department and am excited for the future. We have many plans for the future, including some major upcoming changes – keep an eye out for more announcements!

As always, we are always happy to talk and invite you to create a helpdesk ticket towards us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Many thanks,
Chief of Department John Davids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back