New fishing rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Discussion Post: N/A

Main Idea: Redo the fishing rod.
Full description of the idea: Make it so you hold it as a swep instead of using your fists.
It will be easier and more fun to fish.

Why should it be added?:
- Adds realism.
- Is better and less hard to fish.
- More fun?
- Perhaps make it so you use the scroll wheel to get the fish in.

Pros:
- More fun.
- Better way of holding a fishing rod.
- More control of the fishing rod.

Cons:
- Requires a custom model.
- Requires some code rewritten.

*Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
-Support

Honestly the fishing rod now is fine. Adding this would not make it easier at all, and would literally change nothing apart from having a fishing rod equipped.

Can you explain how it would make it more fun?

Reaction score
At the moment I feel the fishing rod is fine. I, personally, like the way you have to pick it up and bring it to the sea/lake. I find it really relaxing to fish the way it is now, although it is a bit difficult.
I'm going to remain neutral, though. I'd like to see what would happen if it was changed.

EDIT: ALEX, FOLLOW THE IDEAS THREAD RULES! You're supposed to make a Discussion thread first, and make one of these threads if you've gotten a positive response from the discussion thread.

Reaction score
The fishing rod is not the problem, the problem is fishing should be a bit more profitable. When I would run a restaurant, I would only serve fish I caught and cook. I would catch a salmon which you have a decently small chance to catch (The rarest/best fish), but then I would go to the fish market, to figure out that the seemingly and slightly "rare" fish costs about 100-200 dollars to buy when I spent about 20 minutes fishing and got about 3 salmon in that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.