New Staff Application System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: New Staff Application System

Short explanation (in notes):
Employ a new staff application system to:
- Recognize the talents and prospects of an applicant more efficiently.
- Get a wider range of input and looks at the application from all angles.
- Give applicants the chance to excel in different parts of the process to improve their prospects.
- Improve coordination and cooperation with inter-staff and staff to member relationships, vice versa.
- Improve the top heavy decision-making hierarchy and allow more equality and staff interaction.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
This optimized system will allow for not only the points put above but to eliminate the excessive creation of applications by allowing applicants to excel at different stages and will give the staff involved a better look at the prospects of the applicant.

Step 1: Application Evaluation

A staff member will audit the application submitted to make sure that the applicant meets the compulsory requirements as well as their previous experience and if there is a possible fit.

Step 2: TeamSpeak or Steam Interview
Depending on the circumstance, the interview may be written or verbal. This interview will consist of two to three staff members who are not on the senior leadership team, who will have a set time period to ask not only the statutory questions but any additions of their own. The applicant may also be given administration scenarios of which the interviewing panel will assess.

Step 3: Interview Feedback
Each staff member will submit their feedback about the candidate's interview. Staff members who have had previous experience with the applicant will be asked to give their opinion on the candidate.

Step 4: Senior Committee
Several members of the senior leadership including owners, Head Admins, Senior Admins and experienced Admins will come together to assess the opinions, feedback and the application for the candidate. This ensures that the decision to either continue the process for the candidate or terminate it is not solely made by one individual.

Step 5: Final Senior Interview
A chosen member of the senior leadership team which can also be an esteemed/experienced Admin will interview the candidate again and make a final review on all the decisions made before the offer is made.

Step 6: Final Review
A final review is performed by the conductor of the Final Senior Interview of where they take everything that has been said into account and will decide whether they should extend an offer for enforcer to the applicant.

Step 7: The Offer

Deleted member 1235

The system is fine as it is. It does not need overcomplicating as you are suggesting.

Reaction score
I think that the current system is completing fine and there is nothing wrong with it, it works well and there is no issues with it as far as I can see + it's not really needed

Reaction score
The current system is fine, we filter out noobs and get the professional people that we know can do it a shot at it.
latest

Reaction score
As a person who has applied 5 times I think my word would count.

The system is interesting and effective but I admit believing that it was flawed but I know that I need to fully commit. According to some staff you need to impress the admins and seniors mostly but it never hurts to prove yourself to everyone. I believe on my second or 3rd application right before moron was promoted my application took so long I went inactive, I talked with @Jordan about it and he admitted that i could have been accepted.

No matter what you think if you are commited fully and prove yourself you have a good chance so work on your reputation and help out. While we are not supposed to enforce the rules by ourselfs many still do it including myself. Im still working to do what I can for the community but setback after setback like my computer which seems to be fixed now.

If the staff team see you as a person who complains why should they accept you, every action you do on the server can change how people see you and it is also on the forums as well.

Reaction score
Step 1: Application Evaluation
A staff member will audit the application submitted to make sure that the applicant meets the compulsory requirements as well as their previous experience and if there is a possible fit.

Step 2: TeamSpeak or Steam Interview
Depending on the circumstance, the interview may be written or verbal. This interview will consist of two to three staff members who are not on the senior leadership team, who will have a set time period to ask not only the statutory questions but any additions of their own. The applicant may also be given administration scenarios of which the interviewing panel will assess.
Completely unnecessary. The actual written application already covers all of this, and adding more onto it just seems to be a bit overkill. And giving the applicant administration scenarios may be a good idea, however, the applicant (if accepted) will experience multiple scenarios that will - on some occasions - be supervised by a moderator or above, to see how well they do. In other words, the whole scenario thing is covered by that, as doing it first-hand has a much better experience.
Enforcers also do not have much power, and it would be rather useless to have it in the first place if there'll be an interview with scenarios that the applicant has to respond to, since that's basically the same enforcers do, except they do it on the live server and not verbally or written. In other words, this part (step 2) may be entirely covered simply by the enforcer rank.

Step 3: Interview Feedback
Each staff member will submit their feedback about the candidate's interview. Staff members who have had previous experience with the applicant will be asked to give their opinion on the candidate.

Step 4: Senior Committee
Several members of the senior leadership including owners, Head Admins, Senior Admins and experienced Admins will come together to assess the opinions, feedback and the application for the candidate. This ensures that the decision to either continue the process for the candidate or terminate it is not solely made by one individual.
Everyone already does step 3 - in replies. It's very common for several staff members to respond to applications with their feedback as well as previous experiences, so this already exists, it just isn't obligatory.
The "senior committee" already exists. It's why we have a thing called the senior administration team, consisting of senior admins and the head administrator. They gather together and discuss applications (At least I hope so), and then make a decision on whether to accept or deny the applicant depending on the discussion that ensues.

Step 5: Final Senior Interview
A chosen member of the senior leadership team which can also be an esteemed/experienced Admin will interview the candidate again and make a final review on all the decisions made before the offer is made.

Step 6: Final Review
A final review is performed by the conductor of the Final Senior Interview of where they take everything that has been said into account and will decide whether they should extend an offer for enforcer to the applicant.
Step 5 is probably already covered by step 4, which is covered by what I mentioned above. No need to go into that
Step 6 is also covered by what I said above, no need to go into that either.

I don't see a reason to have this implemented if it only adds unnecessary steps to an already fine process. I mean, me, the water bottle expert, actually got accepted. That must mean it works

Status
Not open for further replies.