Nostalgia Thoughts

Reaction score
Been thinking recently,

Imagine if the server could be reverted back to a older version of PERP, maybe V2? I think the current version is not the greatest and I prefer the old drug system we can no longer power grow and I see less and less bases now, the role-play got worse as we updated the server and there are not too many new players joining the server. Flash back to 2016 or before, what were your favourite moments and if you have a screenshot put that in too lets hear some stories.

Also add which version you'd prefer to go back to. I personally would go for either V2 or v3, did not play too much in V1/V2 but grasped it for a while in V3.
As well I would like to know when you first joined the server, the date I joined was Nov 05, 2013 12:24 AM you can check this by Clicking Here

Here is a screenshot I found from 2017, couldn't find any from 2016 nor 2015 but about 20 of us decided to sit in farm and grow for hours, good times.

4000_screenshots_20180302165810_1.jpg

Reaction score
Well, I personally can't say that what we have today is worse than what we had before. I am only sure of one thing, the current amount of RP is a bit lacking. I remember early Paralake where many people had their little Passive RPs and everyone tried to Roleplay in some way or another. I would really love to see more Roleplay being done, but not necessarily reverting back to an older version as many things have improved. If anything, we should continue going forwards.

If I could actually revert back, maybe to early Paralake when everyone was excited and everything felt new and refreshing.

Reaction score
Too many restrictions in the past, ironically when I would say "roleplay" was at its peak, but in the end it just resulted in a lot of people getting banned. The thing is no matter how much you revert or how many people you unban, these people are already gone, as the mass unban showed you can't be certain that doing one thing will directly result in a player base increase. Maybe those that are only recently banned would come back, but why would someone who has been banned for 2+ years bother even checking the forums.

But even with people being banned aside, there are many flaws of the past. If you look back at why the server was at it's peak during 2016 and the queue server was almost full at some points it was because there weren't many restrictions put in place to what you could do. But by slowly placing things in such as the construction booklet, removing things such as the ability to base at farm, rule changes to hinder the strength of criminals, pd whitelist are all small things yet collectively become a huge factor in the bigger picture.

Sure it's pretty relaxed now but at this point it is too late. I'm not just complaining because the people I used to play with got purged, but as a whole a lot of dedicated players got a big fuck you when the rules were very strictly enforced during 16-17. If you could cut out the whole of 2017 I think we would be in a good position, because as of now the server looks promising yet again but there just aren't as many players, but just look at how many new names you see on duty now, its great and proves that the full whitelist may not have been the best option. I think the next step is to address the issues surrounding marksmanship for new players.

If you want my story then personally for me starting off was hard, I got scammed for almost all my starting money but grasped the basics after a few weeks with some real life friends, from there we joined an org and after a few weeks I made some more friends, who later made a smaller organization together and I joined them. Then we chose to challenge the people at the top which at the time was The Standish Family, because why not. We were able to throw punches at each other because it was all about skill and how well planned you come into the situation. There was a real feeling of competition because of the activity on the forums and the bragging rights, some saw it as cancer but to me it was fun. Eventually we lost out because they were the more experienced players, but from what I still remember, it was a ton of fun for both sides, they maintained their top spot, and we gained experience all while having fun. After that making friends was much easier even after the whole fiasco, because I had simply played for long enough to make friends with the more "successful" people, and I guess I got a taste of what its like to be close to the top. From mid 2016 up until around summer 2017 I was in a few orgs, some smaller some bigger, but then suddenly the whole idea that was originally behind organizations kind of died out, it just didn't feel the same any more. It wasn't as fun, and it just seemed like it was a competition to try make each other leave the server rather than have a proper organization war, that being from pretty much all orgs around that time. Sadly these days there is no accomplishment for being the most powerful organization on the server, because nobody challenges one another to that spot, everything has a "memey" approach and pretty unserious.

The content is there, but the playerbase isn't for various reasons. I don't think a sudden blast to the past will fix that, but I'd love to give it a try.

287844cb98.jpg

3450247dad.jpg

5a56ab60dd.png

3e4d098a66.png

yes this is rogue car tyres powergrowing!
bec1356d87.png

19d63e254c.png

2701ebb0d4.png

994d20af90.jpg

bd0529b8d5.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great points you've brought up, any kind of organisation I join these days isn't really 'On It' or prepared for much and throw themselves in without planning or all, growing drugs is growing drugs but then actual anger comes around and people start blaming others for mistakes, the whole concept of intimidation from organisations is nothing and no one is intimidated or even acts like it anymore since most organisations that come around die out after a few days or even at most a month.

Reaction score
Its cause most passive rp (especially used to be) get punished because you were building outside ur property or you broke 3.4 etc.

Deleted member 5920

removing things such as the ability to base at farm

This was needed. It took me 1 week to grow 3.5 million and I think we were successfully raided twice? And even that took several bombs and molotovs. It was simply OP.

Reaction score
fuck you and your fucking metal detectors on the ladders that shit was cancer