Number Plates - NEW

• Thread starter Deleted member 2538
  • Start date

Deleted member 2538

Note: I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN DENIED! I AM POSTING ONE THAT MAY CONVINCE YOU MORE.

Topic: Number Plates

Short explanation (in notes):
- Add randomly generated number plates to vehicles
- Remove names from vehicles

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
This idea would MASSIVLEY decrease metagaming leading to a kill or arrest and the police would benefit this idea since they could track vehicles with wanted number plates (just like in real life). Also, this idea would provoke the use of the phonetic alphabet therefore making the police radio much more realistic. My conclusion is that right now police have to metagame to find out a wanted vehicle or arrest the wrong bugatti driver for 10 years (beacuse the server is filled with bugattis), but now, these problems would just fade away.

Optional additions:
- Add police database.
- Add speed enforcer camera that scans driver's name.

Reaction score
+support

Of course, who doesn't want license plates. It would decrease meta game and improve RP.

(I just got the full story:
- Someone suggested license plates with nearly no info, got denied for being to excessive.
- Than other guy suggested it with no template, got denied for no template and already being suggested.
- The one after that got denied for already being suggested.
- Than mine got denied for already being suggested.)

Can I please ask the administrators to stop denying because it was already suggested? The first one was denied because being too excessive and people made a very detailed one after that.

(Already suggested is just no reason if it got denied for using no template, being too excessive...)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem with this suggestion is the amount of work that would have to be put in:
For every vehicle get two vectors for the plate position, and the good width/height for the plate numbers.

What could work though is an ANPR system that detects if the person driving in front of you has a wanted vehicle.

Reaction score
The problem with this suggestion is the amount of work that would have to be put in:
For every vehicle get two vectors for the plate position, and the good width/height for the plate numbers.

What could work though is an ANPR system that detects if the person driving in front of you has a wanted vehicle.

There already is an addon out there, but for DarkRP. Would take some coding to fix it for PERP but it would work... (https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/172)

Deleted member 2538

Guys remember that it also provokes using the phonetic alphabet! Thanks for the support!

Reaction score
+Support!
This will greatly increase realism for players as both civilians and cops. But instead of adding a textured licence plate to the car, why not have the licence plate show up like owners name on the car, as works when you look at it and get close. Obviously there would need to be a way to see it from a further distance, and not have it show up when you don't want, like a holding a button or something.

Reaction score
I've played on another server a long time ago, that had this ability. I just went over to ur car, pressed "E" on the plate, and then for a fine of I think 200K I could get a custom one, with any desired text. If I u didnt want to pay 200K I would just get a randomly generated number plate

As mentioned above, this would greatly increase Rp aswell as Decrease Metagaming

+Support

Reaction score
+support. i also like the idea of custom plates that bilbo brought up to. it might take a while but still it would be nice. altho i think i shouldnt be like 200k like on the server he played maybe 20 or 25k.

Reaction score
If people have a problem with car models getting actual license plates, why not make it so that it's text that comes up, much like the "Owned by: USERNAME" That way there is less requirement to edit models