License Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Link:
https://perpheads.com/threads/license-plate-system-ish.17156/

Main Idea:
Instead of names being listed on a car, instead a 8 digit number (assigned to everybody's personal account like a phone number is) will be on the car. Police can search this number in the computer to pull up the record of the car's owner.

Full description of the idea:
  1. 8 digit license plate (LP) number will replace name on car.
  2. all people have a unique LP assigned to their person when they first join the server (or when the system is rolled out for existing players).
  3. the LP will be available for SGT+ to see on a record so they can perhaps give other officers tips on cars to look out for for wanted persons.
  4. the LP will be searchable in the police computer and will pull up the record of the vehicle owner.

Why should it be added?:
License plates add a sense of realism to the server and also prevent officers from recognizing cars to quickly (such as seeing a car at bazaar with the name of a wanted person on it and assuming they're near there instead of walking past it like any other car).

Pros:
  1. adds realism for police.
  2. restricts police from unrealistic, gung-ho behavior.
  3. also prevent citizens from targeting certain people by car name (for example a citizen may be tracking down Chris Andrews to screw with him and see his car with his name in the parking lot, divulging his location. ALL would be prevented with this system).

Cons:
  1. It would be harder for police to track down suspects.
  2. it would be harder for citizens to track down each other using cars.

*Other additions:
THIS HAS BEEN SUGGESTED BEFORE BUT UNDER DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES.

1024x1024.jpg

Reaction score
There would need to be a ID system for this. This was being made(?) but was given up on or never implemented/finished.

M

Reaction score
Just to throw in some random ideas:

Rather than trying to do anything overly fancy, maybe make the license information appear instead of 'Owned By: ---'.

Then, the closest vehicle to the cruiser can be scanned (by some hotkey?) and will return information and a quick access to their police computer profile, giving a flag if they are currently wanted.

When the 'vehicles' portion of the computer is fixed we could have a different license assigned to each of the vehicles belonging to the individual, and when the vehicle is 'written off' (i.e. fully wrecked), the LP will change upon repair.

Reaction score
Well knowing most people, personal plates will be interesting not a minute will go by without saying one that will not say Fuck Y0u.

I would like this added in instead of having to metagame the name that shows up on the car. Would also be a good idea for police vehicles to have a simple sequence of numbers to remember if a member of public has a complaint (This tends to be on the top of the car or a seperate number plate)

For customisation you could have different kinds of number plates here are a few options I have.

USA State Flags
Yellow and Black
White and Black
White and Red
Black and White (On very old vehicles existing before speed cameras)
Country Initials
Private and company secondary plates (Vehicle number mostly seen on Taxis)

I would like to see these ingame it would make a great addition and would make more vehicles unique to others. I do not believe personal or changing text should be added in. Maybe another way of eluding police could be used this way realistically you can take number plates off cars and use them on your own car which helps if you have a wanted vehicle.

Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that the ambulance already has a number plate on the front and back. Not sure why, as no other vehicles do, but it does.
Would put images here, but banned. Somebody please get some for me.

Reaction score
Denied.

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.