Server Suggestion OOC Mute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: OOC Mute
Suggestion Description: Be able to locally mute someone's OOC messages by clicking on their name in the tab menu (excluding staff and help chat)

Why should this be added?:
- Sanity
- Prevent toxicity
- Prevent cyberbullying
- Please

What negatives could this have?:
- None that I can think of

pLKNg0q.png

Reaction score
+Support I'd rather not have to look at people spewing out anything that's on their mind in ooc

Reaction score
I second this idea, but I think messages from blocked users should show up in chat as <Message Blocked> or something similar, so it doesn't look like people are talking to themselves in OOC when they're in fact responding to an individual you've blocked. Maybe have the option to reveal the message by clicking on it as well, idk.

Reaction score
Sadly people use OOC in charcter chat and voice chat all the time regardless

dog

Reaction score
Sadly people use OOC in charcter chat and voice chat all the time regardless
Yes but at least this filters out the people spamming in OOC which is server wide instead of just locally where you can just walk away

Reaction score

Reaction score
While this has been denied previously, it wasn’t for the most sensible reason other than the amount of time it would take to code, which I dont think would be long at all.

dog

Reaction score
I feel like OOC has gotten a lot more annoying/toxic now more than ever so bringing this back up is good

Reaction score
There will now be an option to hide OOC messages from anybody you have blocked on steam. Hopefully this will be a sufficient solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.