Organisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Organisations with inactive players lose XP for members having long periods of time off of the server. Also remove the XP loss from kicking an inactive member.

Currently people don't want to kick org members due to XP loss resulting in 30 man orgs.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- No more org spam
- Makes perfect sense

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Idk orgs losing xp over banned best mates.

Reaction score
XP loss for kicking an inactive member sounds silly, they should definitely remove that. But I think for the xp loss, 1 month would be a good time but to be honest, I believe @Collier said that if you have more members it’s harder to get xp unless everyone is active so I guess that already is good enough imo to make owners kick out inactive people otherwise they can’t level up as quick. But if someone for example leaves the community and comes back months or a year later, I don’t think they should get penalised just for that and have their org level sink massively. I don’t see it being a problem really if someone has a lot of inactive members, more of an internal issue for themselves as it doesn’t affect anyone

// written on phone, hopefully clear enough

Reaction score
I think the organization system is fine as it is. The argument that kicking too many inactive players will make an org a lot of XP is in my opinion invalid since the less the people are the more XP the org gets.
A think that would definitely get people to kick inactive players would be more organization levels, around 6 or 7 months ago there was a list of them until level 50 or something.

Reaction score
I think it does make more sense and is more realistic, unless people are on maternity leave then why not kick them as they are a burden to the org.

Reaction score
Currently people don't want to kick org members due to XP loss resulting in 30 man orgs.​

This is because people have misunderstood the experience mechanic. In the long run, you lose more experience due to having an inactive member compared to kicking them. The experience you lose from kicking a player is not particularly high anyway. You lose more experience from friendly fire kills on team mates.

Using your example, having 29 members compared to 30 members results in 3.45% more experience given for every action. Going further, having 20 members instead of 30 members results in 50% more experience given.

There isn't a need to add a second mechanic to enforce this, as there is already a mechanic that encourages this. We could look at improving the understanding of the experience system, but I think that is a different suggestion.

tl;dr: If you want to get more experience, kick your inactive members

Status
Not open for further replies.