Paralake City Neighbourhood Watch

Reaction score

Paralake City Neighbourhood Watch

Objectives of Neighbourhood Watch:

• To improve community safety generally including e.g. fire safety
  • To prevent crime by improving security, increasing vigilance, creating and maintaining a caring community and reducing opportunities for crime by increasing crime prevention awareness.
  • To assist the police in detecting crime by promoting effective communication and the prompt reporting of suspicious and criminal activity.
  • To reduce undue fear of crime by providing accurate information about risks and by promoting a sense of security and community spirit, particularly among the more vulnerable members of the community.
  • To improve police/community liaison by providing effective communications through Neighbourhood Watch messaging systems which warn Coordinators of local crime trends which they can disseminate to their scheme members, and by members informing the police of incidents when they occur.

What is Neighbourhood Watch:

The Neighbourhood Watch is a volunteer scheme where the community can help prevent and tackle crime and anti-social behavior in their local area. Neighbourhood Watch encourages vigilance amongst scheme members and actively encourage the early reporting of suspicious incidents to the police. The scheme is run mainly be volunteers who are local residents of the community, however there will be representatives from the local community; organisation owners, high ranking police officers, mayor and other local authorities.

The Neighbourhood watch is not a registered city organisation that you have to join to be part of, if you're already working in an organisation, that's fine!

Neighbourhood Watch is about local people working together to create safe, attractive, friendly places to live, places where crime is less likely to happen and people are less likely to turn to antisocial behaviour. It’s about you looking out for your neighbours and them looking out for you, crossing barriers of age, race and class for everyone’s good. It’s about making sure that no one need feel alone, scared or vulnerable in the place where they live.

Why has this been set up in Paralake:

The relationship between the community of Paralake and the Police is poor, this can be down to many factors, some including the poor focus of neighbourhood policing in Paralake Police Department. Due to this, a lot of crime goes unreported to the Police. We feel starting a Neighbourhood Watch scheme in the city will help the community relations substantially, thus helping to prevent crime.

The Police Department can not deal with the problems and issues arising from crime and anti-social behavior alone; they need the help of the whole community. Neighbourhood Watch provides a way for local people to play an important part in addressing this b balance and making their communities safer.

What do volunteers do in the NHW:

The structure of the Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) is still yet to be discussed. There are two types of volunteers in the NHW. There are volunteers who are simply part of the scheme so they can receive crime prevention advice, newsletters and support for crime and anti-social behavior. Then, there are volunteers who take an active role in the NHW, there roles might include:
  • Encourage vigilance amongst scheme members and actively encourage the early reporting of suspicious incidents to the police.
  • Receive crime information from the Neighbourhood Watch messaging system and distribute these messages to scheme members.
  • Encourage scheme members to be aware of and put into practice crime prevention measures, such as property marking and security devices.
  • Keep a check on vulnerable households and provide advice to members about dealing with callers at the door.
  • Circulate newsletters and other relevant information to scheme members.
  • Welcome newcomers to the neighbourhood and invite them to be part of the scheme.
Structure of the Neighbourhood Watch:

The roles listed above are all full-time positions for the Neighbourwood Watch and you would be required to be part of the organisation on a full time basis, which would mean leaving your current organisation.

However, below the Area Coordinators, you have your volunteers which were mentioned earlier, they are not full time members, simply part time if you wish. You do not need to join anything you can just sign up and you can receive the welcome pack and information on how to participate.

How do I join the Neighbourhood Watch:

As soon as we finish setting up the scheme,
joining the NHW will be a breeze, you simply add your name to the newsletter and then you can follow the information for the next meeting/who you can contact to receive your welcome pack. As mentioned, there will be meetings which you can attend. Depending on what type of volunteer you want to be, you will be given an information back.

OOC Note:

Thank you for reading and I hope some of you are looking forward to this! In the new regime of the Whitelisted Police Department, community policing is something we're going to focus on and this brings in amazing roleplay opportunities for citizens! The NHW will be pretty much redundant until the Police Department is set up, in future the Police Department will be utilizing the Neighbourhood Watch to feed on campaigns, notices and other information to members of the public. It will be the main communication platform for the Police Department and it should also promote some passive roleplay that many of you can take part as civilians. Posts in this thread may be deleted at some point and locked so that we can just keep it to the NHW news.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm loving the idea of this.
Sign me up, done with these organisations that just grow all day.

Definitely looking forward to do some neighborhood-watch roleplay.

Reaction score
I'm loving the idea of this.
Sign me up, done with these organisations that just grow all day.

Definitely looking forward to do some neighborhood-watch roleplay.

Sounds good! Remember:

Structure of the Neighbourhood Watch:
32c2c17c6c.png

9725168ce5.png

The roles listed above are all full-time positions for the Neighbourwood Watch and you would be required to be part of the organisation on a full time basis, which would mean leaving your current organisation.

However, below the Area Coordinators, you have your volunteers which were mentioned earlier, they are not full time members, simply part time if you wish. You do not need to join anything you can just sign up and you can receive the welcome pack and information on how to participate.

Reaction score
I tried being an undercover officer to dangerous the police end up shooting at you but I got some good points in there. Saved the LT from a gunpoint with a longshot from my Desert Eagle only for him to get run over by a sweater cop who got into a firefight with me.

I see the potential and the point of why you are waiting for whitelisted police I dont trust some of the cops with their batons nevermind guns.

Reaction score
How I imagine some of this will go:
Neighborhood watch spots suspicious activity.
Police show up.
Things happen. People get arrested / shot / killed
The criminals proceed to murder the poor neighborhood watch for "being snitches"

RP at its finest tbh

Last edited: