Paralake V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I will be honest, because what I value is honesty and awareness - seeing things without colourful glasses on, how they really look like:

I don't like the V3 update of this map. It's different in the looks but it's basically still the same (except the park). Yes, it is somewhat better, but what's the point in those small/medium changes like prettier house interiors (which I do in fact like) if it still has the same, huge amount of design flaws it had, except a few bugs?

But here's a key phrase: Business street intersection. More important than any of the changes made in V3, in my honest opinion (I usually work as a govt. employee). Unless you decide to sit in your apartment and sometimes go to the drug dealer like a gangster.

EDIT: I've based this post on the demonstration video (which didn't show everything). The intersection I mentioned is now improved (notice - improved) but I still don't like a lot of architectural and road design. I could make a list, but for now I'll just say that there are lots of things that don't make sense from the realistic point of view that.
Most noticeably, an incredible amount of fat concrete walls without a point, which is a waste of material and doesn't happen frequently in real life.

Opinion.

And yes, I'll say it again, it's better and I do appreciate the new interiors. But it's just not the V3 I had been expecting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazing update. The doll literally made my cry :laughcry:
67ac1016fe.jpg

Big thanks to anyone who has helped on V3. Love every single addition to it. As for how stable the release is I haven't encountered any bugs except for the map turning invisible because of too many LUA effects which was already there before V3. There are some very unnoticable misplacements here and there but to be honest it's not like you're going to suicide because the Moron Shipping Co. dumpster being 1 cm forward along with a bollock and gate floating along with another notepad floating on the new forklift inside the courier warehouse along with another set of dumpsters set a bit forward by 1cm (Bazaar garages). Again, thanks for the amazing update!

Reaction score
@Krzeszny
All you're doing is bitching about nothing. You complain about things not being fixed which you have not checked yourself, you say things are not fixed without specifying a solution, you don't think it's worth being called V3 yet it is the third iteration of Paralake meaning it is indeed version 3, etc. You clearly don't understand what limitations there are either on the mapping or coding side but you feel it necessary to whine to a deaf audience. It would appear you're under the impression that we can suddenly flip everything about in the map and change how every road is constructed while then you would complain it's still called Paralake as it doesn't look the same as before. Overall it would seem to me that you're unsatisfied with anything and everything in life as this is not the first time you complain as soon as something is released, so I would suggest you sometimes actually calm down and relax and accept things as they are. We ourselves are not entirely happy with how Paralake is in general, but given what Source is capable of, we take what we can get. If you can point out any other map that has an actual open feeling and not just in a cage everywhere you go of similar scale, be my guest, but as far as I have ever seen Paralake is you only choice. (Rockford / Evo City [any version] are very closed off so don't even try to say that). So really, while it may not meet your expectations, I don't know what more you can really expect when Paralake is pushing the very edge of what even can compile into a Source compatible map. That said, we are not a professional development team, nor do we pretend to be, so realistically we can not devote ourselves purely to working on the server. Unlike other communities we do not charge an arm and a leg for premium, nor do we sell in game cash/cars so our level of donations is not grossly disproportionate than our operating costs. Nor do we feel it necessary to say we need to make $____.__ each month because we're just happy for everyone that helps support the server, it isn't some quota to us. It just really gets under my skin that you tend to think this is some massive operation where we have a large team of experts who can continuously pump out more things, instead we have to carefully and methodically work on each new addition. And because we don't have a large team, it makes testing on a large scale nearly impossible without just putting out for everyone to use. We're still learning how to do new and better things each day almost so we can bring you the best. Like the new Christmas sweater, yes it may not be perfect, but it's a new thing we're experimenting with and hope to do more of in the future, however that kind of thing takes a fair bit of time to do. And since it was being made by the same person (@Xquality) who does the map, he had a lot of different projects to work on all at the same time and we thank him for those things. So really, I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish by making your post other than to bring people down or just to personally feel better by saying negative things, but it's not helpful to anyone other than perhaps yourself.

Reaction score
@StephenPuffs @Xquality My post was partially intended to be a social experiment, because I wanted to see how people react to criticism/opinions. Partially. If it wasn't for the experiment, I wouldn't have posted it. I knew that all the people in the world would disagree and some would feel unhappy because of it (though if you feel unhappy because of an opinion, stop taking it personally, because you quite obviously shouldn't).

Originally I just wanted to say that I had expected V3 to be more of a change (not only visual change) because now it's now still more like V1.x (same as V2) but then I got the idea to write something critical (but then slightly edited it because it was just too much), to see if people would react with hate towards the one who doesn't think like the rest. Please now count the "Disagree" and "Dumb" ratings. While it's acceptable to disagree, why would you say that an opinion is dumb because someone who wrote it didn't like something?
We can assume that a large amount of people who voted "Dumb" hate me for my critical opinion... even though it's just a bunch of words you can or can't agree with. All I can say is "wow", looking at the number of "Dumb" ratings.
Whether or not I like the new version of the map, it doesn't matter to you. I mean, it shouldn't. But one critical opinion brought up all the attention it could. And it's just an opinion based on my expectations. Why would you care about it?

Another thing - @JustBanter69 said that I had killed his mood with my sh*tty post. I haven't really. He had just taken my words personally, somehow. He was scrolling through lots of positive opinions, read one negative one and... he destroyed his own mood by being concerned with an opinion he disagreed with.

While I had been expecting a lot more, I do understand that Xquality doesn't have enough time and I appreciate his effort. I only wanted Paralake to look more real life-like mainly by eliminating those concrete blocks and walls I had mentioned. Even though most people don't mind the fictional look o it.
The thing is, despite everything, the new version is better.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
its-good-But.jpg

Just kidding, it's great; I love it. Well done to everyone on development - this must be a great achievement for you. c:

As for @Krzeszny, I can honestly tell you to royally fuck off. Social experiment, on an online community? What have you been smoking? Your criticism is unjustified - if you knew the work it takes to make everything run smoothly, please all audiences as well as other mix factors that makes PERPheads such a successful community you wouldn't be spouting your verbal diarrhea everywhere. Stop digging the hole deeper, you've clearly upset everyone - just shut up and go away.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@StephenPuffs @Xquality My post was partially intended to be a social experiment, because I wanted to see how people react to criticism/opinions. Partially. If it wasn't for the experiment, I wouldn't have posted it. I knew that all the people in the world would disagree and some would feel unhappy because of it (though if you feel unhappy because of an opinion, stop taking it personally, because you quite obviously shouldn't).

Originally I just wanted to say that I had expected V3 to be more of a change (not only visual change) because now it's now still more like V1.x (same as V2) but then I got the idea to write something critical (but then slightly edited it because it was just too much), to see if people would react with hate towards the one who doesn't think like the rest. Please now count the "Disagree" and "Dumb" ratings. While it's acceptable to disagree, why would you say that an opinion is dumb because someone who wrote it didn't like something?
We can assume that a large amount of people who voted "Dumb" hate me for my critical opinion... even though it's just a bunch of words you can or can't agree with. All I can say is "wow", looking at the number of "Dumb" ratings.
Whether or not I like the new version of the map, it doesn't matter to you. I mean, it shouldn't. But one critical opinion brought up all the attention it could. And it's just an opinion based on my expectations. Why would you care about it?

Another thing - @JustBanter69 said that I had killed his mood with my sh*tty post. I haven't really. He had just taken my words personally, somehow. He was scrolling through lots of positive opinions, read one negative one and... he destroyed his own mood by being concerned with an opinion he disagreed with.

While I had been expecting a lot more, I do understand that Xquality doesn't have enough time and I appreciate his effort. I only wanted Paralake to look more real life-like mainly by eliminating those concrete blocks and walls I had mentioned. Even though most people don't mind the fictional look o it.

Merry Christmas.

What Stephen was trying to get across, was that you complain about almost every single flaw that you see within the server. Feedback is of course great, however when you say stuff like
I don't like the V3 update of this map. It's different in the looks but it's basically still the same (except the park).

I hope you realise what the development team can do, they do - As Stephen said, it's the third iteration of the map making it V3. He even says himself, it's minor changes and them changes are mostly for the better. If you look at the dolls, the Jumpers, clothing, cars, map in general and then really think about it you start to realise how stupid that above quote is. You might not like this, but your defence for not liking certain stuff is an abudnace of nothing. You're merely nit-picking out the things you personally don't like and labeling the entire update as 'bad', I mean I highly doubt you'd be able to do a fraction of anything our development team has done.

V3 is amazing, and so is the server which the development team has taken time out to make for you. Your post was a social experiment? How about you spend your useless time doing something productive and leave the development to the people who do just that. Develop.

Get a hobby.

Reaction score

Merry Christmas.
Honestly Krzeszny I've never ever seen you happy with any of the updates that either Bob, Fredy or Stephen put out, I understand that you can give feedback but bashing a map down for certain things you don't like is just stupid, I agree that the map changes are not big but as @Ayjay has pointed out it's for the better, as you may have noticed the FPS is much better atleast for me and I'm really happy about it because now I don't need to loose gunfights cus of lag, but because I suck at shooting.

Of course you're looking at your dumb ratings looking at them and go; wow. However you have to understand Krzeszny I think everyones bored of your "bitching" that come out of your posts most of the times we see them.

Reaction score
I'd like to thank @StephenPuffs , @Fredy , @Xquality and the whole staff team for making V3 possible. I think this is a great update fixing many bugs that needed to be fixed. Rather than arguing for new fixes, I'd rather like to thank you guys for a new map to play on than the old V2 (Rest in Pieces). I love the new Regals Apartments, Moron Shipping, and the park which isn't used much but certainly adds realism.

Thanks Guys!

Reaction score
20/12/2015 - Paralake V3 & Christmas Update

logo.png

Good morning all! After months of development, the Christmas update is ready to be released! There are so many changes that I'm sure you all will enjoy and more coming soon. First of all, the map has had some lovely updates, below we'll list them:​

• Fixed the gap in the overpass railing
  • Fixed the exits signs in CD
  • Adjusted lighting in a lot of places
  • Moved the bench at the church
  • Replaced Projex with a Warehouse (Moron Shipping Co.) @MoronPipllyd
  • Removed the ‘’cage’’ from the doors between Parker and J&M
  • Put lights under the highway in Shady street
  • Put a light in the ally of subs Fredy’s
  • Revamped the Regal apartments
  • Fixed the collision on the vault door
  • Added new kitchen, bathroom and bedroom models for residences
  • Leveled out Flobbers St. and corrected name to Flobbers
  • Added a park area between the Bank and Farm
  • Added a ramp from the water in the harbor
  • Fixed floating rocks in Stonehenge
  • Added a lot of more bollards
  • Fixed floating registers in various shops
  • Made the car dealer symmetrical
  • Moved the bar in the harbor
  • Made elevators stop looping sound
  • Fixed floating hay bales outside farm barn & inside farm storage hut
  • Fixed floating column outside PD lobby
  • Fixed floating chairs in Ol’ Stool
  • Aligned the fish counters in Poisson better
  • Lowered the counter height in Fredy’s
  • Fixed missing texture issues in suburbs unownable houses
  • Moved the junk cars in impound lot to allow easy impounding
  • Removed handicap & emergency parking one side of the hospital (short term parking only)
  • Added more stop signs instead of yield sign
  • Changed low hanging lights in Parker to same as the others
  • Moved steam pipe near cardboard boxes in Parker up
  • Fixed the Illuminati in the skybox
  • Remade the seats inside McUwes and the Restaurant
  • Added a player clip over the bushes in subs
  • Added a backdoor entrance to Hungriges Schwein
  • Mayor's and LT’s office now have chairs
  • Fixed the Player-clip in the Parker tunnel
  • Added parking spaces at subs Fredy’s
  • Bazaar music removed
  • A bunch more bug fixes
JORDAN MADE THIS POST
A lot of these changes have been made through suggestions by the community so a big thank you to all that had an input! Below we'll list some of the new sweps that were added;
  • Keys
  • Fists
  • Bobby Pins
  • Binoculars
  • Baseball bat
  • Fire hose
  • Handcuffs
  • Night Stick
  • Ticket Book
  • Defibrillators
  • Stuff
And the Christmas updates? I'm sure you will find out ;)
Warmest regards,

PERPHeads Development Team.
I have all the content and the map was fine for a few day, but recently the textures have gone missing. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.