Paralake V6 Development Update

We are at the mercy of the GMod map limits. Certainly something we'd love to do but it is unlikely without removing something from somewhere else on the map. Never say never though.
working around limits gives me cancer especially if it's not your own map

xdcNTL6Mbnm3bYo8.png

Paralake V6 Development Update
(September)

Hello everyone!
It's been a couple months now since our first look at the upcoming Paralake V6. @Lelios1 and myself are still hard at work on the next iteration of the map, and since the teaser was released, a lot has changed, so we wanted to give another small update on our development progress.

The City

The big news is that (as of the time of writing), the City section of the map is weeks away from being finished. Over the past four months, I've been working to update and polish every part of the city, with every building receiving at least a fresh coat of paint, and most being remade entirely. There is still quite a bit of work ahead, but completing the city will be a huge milestone and will allow us to focus all our resources on finishing up the other sections of the map.

Trying to find things to share with you without spoiling too much of the new City is quite a challenge, but we've settled on some of the new detail buildings you'll see when in Paralake. While not enterable, these buildings are designed to create a more immersive and dense feeling city. They contribute a huge amount toward making V6 feel like a more believable and lived-in location! (Note that everything shown in this post is still in development and subject to change.)

Paralake City Motel

An abandoned shop
An abandoned shop

Two run down shops
TINY Electrical Manurfacturing

Business Sector

The Business Sector is also receiving a large overhaul, with the buildings and layout currently being the main focus of the incredibly talented Lelios. Lelios has been away for an internship for the past few months, which has left him little time to work on the map. However, with him now back, progress in the business sector is looking excellent. It's not quite ready to show off in the same way we've been showcasing the City, but take a look at some in-development photos of Business's new car dealer and parking area!

The new car dealership

New parking area

Custom Models

Something else we'd like to show you is a few of the many custom models made for Paralake V6. A lot of work has gone into replacing many of the old Half-Life 2 models, as well as creating brand-new models to make the city far more detailed. V6 has over three times the number of custom models compared to V5, but we've managed to pick out a few to share with you now.

7fPjm4JuxTqu6uzK.png
An office phone

A payphone
A gas station outdoor storage unit

A stack of logs
A keep-right sign on a bollard

A wall mounted trash can
A motel room number

An ashtray
The new Fredy's Bakery sign's Bakery sign

A garage door
An industrial HVAC unit

A sign
A solar panel

An industrial store cupboard door
A shop sign

The new Safety First shop sign
A cafe table

That's all for now, but keep an eye out for more updates as we get closer to the release of the map. I'd also like to say a huge thanks to @Carrot, @Maia, @GP, @Jyrgen, @Ezza, @kasperr, @Bolli, @StephenPuffs, @Fredy and @rogue for their continued hard work with everything that is involved in creating an update as big as V6. For regular leaks of PERPHeads development, consider boosting the Discord server! And in case you missed it, check out the Paralake V6 teaser trailer we released in July.

Looks nice but i wish you could atleast enter the motel cause when server is at peak you cant even find something to buy

Back