PERPHeads Secret Santa 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
style-logo-dark-christmas.png
Hello everyone,

It’s that time of the year again to run Secret Santa to stay with community tradition. We have announced it relatively early so that people have time to decide if they want to participate and time to think of gift ideas.

If you are unsure of how Secret Santa works, I will quickly explain. You register your interest in participating, and your name is put into a pool. Once all people have registered interested, each person will be given a random person. You then purchase that person the gift anonymously if feasible. Due to this being a gaming community, we will focus on games.

Here are the rules:
  • Ensure your own Steam wishlist is public so that people are able to see what games you want to have. If you do not want to make your wishlist public, ensure you accept friend requests from anyone during this period, so that the person can actually buy you a game you want.
  • The minimum amount you will be required to spend is £5. This it to ensure that at least everyone gets something nice. There is no maximum spend or a limit to how many games you can buy.
  • If the person you have been assigned does not have a game valued at £5 or more, feel free to buy a random game from their wishlist for them.
  • Tradable items from games such as TF2/CSGO are not allowed to avoid trading rule issues with Valve.
  • Anyone who has participated in this event must send a gift to their giftee by the deadline. Failing to do will likely result in a server punishment.
  • Do not share who you have to buy for. This just ruins the whole idea of Secret Santa.

If you are interested in participating this year, click here to send us an expression of interest. Entries for Secret Santa close on the 19th December 2021 at 11:59PM (GMT+0). After this deadline, we will let you individually know who you are buying for in a PM. You will then be required to send proof that you’ve sent your gift to your giftee in the same PM with a screenshot or similar. The next steam winter sale allegedly starts on the 22nd December, so I would recommend waiting until then before buying your gifts.

I would personally recommend scheduling the gift to be sent on Christmas day, but you can send it anytime from being told who you have, and you must send the gift and proof by the 31st December 2021. If the person you have been given does not have a public wishlist and won’t accept you on Steam, reach out to us, and we can try and resolve the issue for you.

If you have any questions at all about how this all works, feel free to drop me a PM or reach out to me on Steam. Participants will be distributed using the following tool that is randomised and uses Sattolo’s algorithm, https://linksecretsanta.netlify.app/.

Status
Not open for further replies.