Model Suggestion Phone checks if player is in server

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Phone checks if player is in server
Suggestion Description: In your phone it should have a green ring or a red ring around the picture You select for a contact. This saves time to let the player know if that player they’re calling is in the server or disconnected (stays green if they’re dead or alive).

Why should this be added?:
- convenient
- saves a ton of time if you’re calling several people
- more roleplay happens when you know who you can roleplay with.

What negatives could this have?:
- takes out the immersion from calling and being left on voicemail by a disconnected player….

Reaction score
You phone a player and it ends the call - Player isn't online
- Is on another call
- Is in teamspeak
- might be arrested or cuffed.

I don't see any reason why to add this since as you already said it would ruin the RP even further.

Reaction score
My last two reasons pretty much explain why it’s worth the sacrifice of the con you mentioned. If people want to role play and they have like 10 contacts (most people including myself have more) they don’t want to sit there calling each one to find out who they can rp with.

This doesn’t tell you if they’re in another call or not or if they’re in teamspeak or dead. All it does is say if they’re in the server or disconnected.

Reaction score
It’s also completely possible to keep a list of steam names and run down that list every time on the scoreboard. But this feature proposes a shortcut to that method.

Reaction score
more roleplay happens when you know who you can roleplay with
Well, just call whoever you want to call... if the line is dead then you know they are not online.

saves a ton of time if you’re calling several people
It literally only rings once or twice before the information message, so I honestly think the time gained is negligible.

As others have said, I think the only thing this would do is ruin immersion and would honestly just waste a developer's time.
It's a phone, not Discord or Teamspeak. You don't get to see who has their phone on in real life either.

Reaction score
This is generally a poorly thought-out idea.

Main issues with this;
- Your phone already informs you if the person you are contacting is not available.
- You can check scoreboard to see if your friends are online, bypassing the need for this.
- It is a phone.
- Easy to abuse for knowledge, more so than the time you gain from using this correctly.
*Adding random phone numbers to see if they are online at any given time, even without knowing the player's steam or met before, affecting your in-character actions.​
- There are limited factors that lead to a call being declined, most of which you can tell on your own why has happened.

Again, not really a great addition to the server and can serve as another avenue of abuse as I mentioned above.

Reaction score
You can also check the buddy list f4 and check if the ingame name is in there. You'll have to delete them as buddy to use this tho.

Reaction score
Pointless addition, right now it's just about life accurate, call someone if they can't answer it then don't, don't see why we need an online indicator, would be pointless to be honest.