Piano Transposition

Reaction score
Type of bug: Lua

Description of the bug:

Transposition algorithm used by piano is not correct, playing songs while in a reasonable transposition for that song does not sound right.

** this part assumes how you've coded it, which may not be accurate so disregard if i am wrong **

Currently, I am assuming it takes the transposition value and then subtracts it from the note value. For example, if I pressed the 'j' key (equivalent to A on the piano) in transposition 0 the piano would play the j key (equivalent to A on the piano). However, if I pressed the j key in transposition -1, I believe the piano plays the 'h' key (equivalent to G on the piano). This is not correct.

This is how I believe it should be: If I press the 'j' key (equivalent to A on the piano) in transposition -1, the piano should play the keys shift + h (equivalent to G sharp on the piano)

tl;dr: Current transposition algorithm does not seem to take shift keys (sharp notes) into consideration when transposing.

How to reproduce the bug: Enter piano, click settings, decrease/increase transposition slider, play a note, realise it does not sound right

Time stamp(s): At all times when transposed above or below 0

*Errors:

*Media:

Upvote 0