Easier way for Goverment to respond to 911 calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Special button(for example j) for medics, cops and firefighters t respond to 911 calls

Short explanation (in notes):
- press a key to post in /gov chat you're responding to911 call
-
- example: Officer hank hill ir responding to john doe's 911 cal about :(911 reason)

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I think this should be added because it wjould prevent the whole police force to respond
(luitenant can keep track of whos responding). and prevent spam on the radio of evreybody yelling responding. In real life you would also radio in you are responding, and a more realistic bind of it would sound nice. just saying respondin doesnt make sense and often the entire police force responds to a sweatervest punching a fence.(serously, that happened today.

Optional additions:
-
-
-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaction score
I agree that you should have a bind, HOWEVER, you can make a bind yourself in console. This is completely unnecessary.
Edit: Didn't really figure that it would be this extensive, Sorry for being rude :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that you should have a bind, HOWEVER, you can make a bind yourself in console. This is completely unnecessary.
no, because you cant make a bind that you are responding to : this name for this reason .

(Sorry for not using comment, for some reason i cant on mobile.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438376184,1438375915][/DOUBLEPOST]
no, because you cant make a bind that you are responding to : this name for this reason .

(Sorry for not using comment, for some reason i cant on mobile.
@that guy some people cant type fast; and some people have a long name and 911 reasons are sometimes quite long. You need to respond to your full extend and nit take over the radio for 10 seconds /spend a minute typing

Reaction score
I think the way this should work is when a 911 call is recieved a command or some thing is typed in then it will automatically send the message via gov radio.

Reaction score
If you want it to work where just one unit respond to something ask the LT to direct units to certain locations for example you put units to patrol somewhere, LT gets a call; LT tells Unit 261(Rape) to respond at location blablabla for a code 211

Reaction score
Why don't you just make a keybind saying "I Am responding to recent emergency call"? I Don't think it's needed. Just make a keybind.

-Support

Reaction score
So... Instead of having everyone shout about it in gov radio through voice, you'd prefer to have everyone press a key bind so they all shout in text that they're responding instead? Seems like then everyone will be rolling for the lottery to see if they can press it first and then claim it's their right to respond to it before anyone else.

Overall I'm uncertain what this accomplishes other than what I already stated. We have both sergeants and lieutenants who can give orders to respond to a certain call, while they might not always be on duty, you should calmly announce that you will look into the call if you are in the area or ask to see who may already be responding. Overall I don't see this as being a very needed or helpful thing as presented at this time.

Reaction score
I agree with Stephen. I'd rather have a bind that says that you need help at your current location. Where your location is automatically filled. Like the panic system. But when someone panics swat comes etc. when I am chasing a vehicle in suburbs. I need backup and start typing. It would be a problem when the driver has a Mini Cooper but usually they have those fast cars. So the whole point is that the car stops driving while you're typing for backup and the suspect escapes. What I see a lot of times someone says help without the location. Also useful if you have to deal with multiple suspects. "I need backup at 10-20(automatically filled).
(Maybe change your suggestion to this).

Anyways; I agree to Stephen so neutral to your current suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.