Player Location Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: The main idea of this suggestion is to have a section of the screen in emergency vehicles, particually police cars where the road you're currently on is displayed. This idea is heavily inspired by a mod for GTA 5, which is at the bottom of this post. There have been a handful of times where I don't actually know what road I'm on and find this would make it really quick and easy to find out where. Although, this may just be because I've only recently come back to the server. Despite having a map app, it would make it quicker to check if it was right on the HUD. I find that this would be mainly more useful for newer players.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • Would help newer players in knowing where they are
  • Would make pursuits easier for people who don't know the map as their current location will be displayed on the HUD whenever they're in a vehicle. This would also help with radio transmissions as they'll be able to give the location over the radio.
  • Makes it quicker to get your location as you don't have open up your phone as it will always be visible on the HUD
  • Can make use of the current panic system to achieve location so may be easier to implement?

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Waste of development time as there is already a map app on the phone
  • May impact performance as it will update fairly often?

EIlM0Fj.jpg

Es1Tuvw.jpg

ne6LZEN.jpg

Reaction score
I agree with this suggestion. Would make pursuits easier and easier for new players to learn their location.

Status
Not open for further replies.