Server Suggestion PLPD Battering Ram Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: PLPD Battering Ram Skill
Suggestion Description: A lot of skills are on perpheads already however, there aren't any perspective skills for PLPD like there is for roadcrew like the repair skills or like the medic & firefighter system where if you're more experienced you are more efficient. - It would be great to add a skill progression, this could be a simple scale i.e. 1 - 10 or a more complex system like the firefighters and medics have (don't think it is needed)

Why should this be added?:
- Add an element of skill-based progression for PLPD members
- It would be nice to have the ability to ram doors more efficiently after you achieve a higher level as it can be frustrating when it takes 5/6 attempts but other times only takes 1 adds more of a balanced effect.

What negatives could this have?:
- If a situation where a lot of experienced PLPD members are online and have maxed the skill it could be too 'quick' when raiding properties but I think regardless if you are top-level it could take between 1 - 2 attempts still allowing the defendants to prepare. Two attempts at using a battering ram is a similar speed to placing a C2 and a lot of people die when placing C2's due to the little noise they make compared to the loud noise a battering ram makes.

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
defending against cops is impossible already for most organizations when more than 8 cops are on there is no reason to make it even more difficult

the role of the battering ram is to be comparable to a crowbar not to a bomb this would make breaching too easy for pistol cops that mostly don't even think when they are pushing I really don't want to get swarmed by 5 pistol cops at once after they batter my door instantly neither does a new player want that

Reaction score
defending against cops is impossible already for most organizations when more than 8 cops are on there is no reason to make it even more difficult

the role of the battering ram is to be comparable to a crowbar not to a bomb this would make breaching too easy for pistol cops that mostly don't even think when they are pushing I really don't want to get swarmed by 5 pistol cops at once after they batter my door instantly neither does a new player want that
Most raids I've been involved in as a cop have resulted in the entire PD being murdered lol. Maybe make the skill only for higher ranking officers so low-ranked pistol cops can't just charge in randomly all the time.

Reaction score
This would encourage misuse of battering rams or inappropriate use of battering rams to farm XP.

Reaction score
I think it should be dependant on your strength level

Reaction score
The current logic is this:
  • Default: 20% chance
  • Light TFU: 40% chance
  • Heavy TFU: 60% chance

Does this change your views at all?

Reaction score

Hi Tiny,

Changes my view, very interesting to know!

As suggested above it would be interesting if your strength had an advantage maybe instead of skill-based?

Reaction score
Hi Tiny,

Changes my view, very interesting to know!

As suggested above it would be interesting if your strength had an advantage maybe instead of skill-based?
What does it change your view to?

We could easily make strength adjust it. There are two obvious ways of doing this: Add 5% on top for each strength point, or add a 10% multiplier for the percentage chance (exact numbers can always be tweaked).

Reaction score
What does it change your view to?

We could easily make strength adjust it. There are two obvious ways of doing this: Add 5% on top for each strength point, or add a 10% multiplier for the percentage chance (exact numbers can always be tweaked).
I wasn't aware if you were light/heavy TFU would make a difference, I thought it was completely random.

I think it would be a good benefit by having genetics in the strength area you have a slighter greater chance, I think 5% per point is a good balance.

I believe this would aid in some points made above about every officer being able to open doors near enough instantly as most people priorities crafting genetics over strength (as this only aids a little bit in crafting).

Reaction score

I knew something was different!

Literally, I keep one or two tapping the doors with a battering ram as Heavy TFU. In the worst-case scenario, three taps.

I really don't think we need skill progress because %80 of the time TFU controls the barricaded suspect situations/raids anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.